transfer case fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does everybody use in the bw44-44? I have head Mopar # 68089195AA, Amsoil ATF, and synchromesh.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I've heard of several people using the Valvoline Transfer Case Fluid with good results. Autozone recently ran basically a half off sale on Valvoline transmission fluids (something like buy two, get two free), so I picked up four quarts for the wife's (2014 Grand Cherokee) and my transfer cases for after the warranty expires.

OP
OP
T

truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Valvoline Transfer Case Fluid is not correct for a Borg Warner 44-44 transfer case.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Valvoline Transfer Case Fluid is not correct for a Borg Warner 44-44 transfer case.

You asked what others are using. I told you. I wouldn't do it while you are under warranty, but some even report better performance of the transfer case with this fluid.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
but some even report better performance of the transfer case with this fluid.
What is a better performance of a transfer case?
Chris

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What is a better performance of a transfer case?
Chris

Its a clutch based T-Case so smoother 4WD engagement and more consistent engagement when needed would be what I would look for. I'm running Redline C+ in mine and I noticed a difference using A4WD in less than ideal operating conditions(weather, mixed terrain muddy roads, etc). With the stock fill I could feel the front engage/disengage via the wheel much more frequently and disengaging when I didn't want it to do so. Now it performs much more consistently and I have more confidence in the T-Case doing what it is supposed to be doing in Auto mode. I've seen a few people complain that even in 4 "Lock" (Standard T-Case 4-HI equivalent) it won't lockup under more extreme conditions. Never had this issue myself, but I've never been inclined to push the limits of any clutch based T-Case I've driven (Pretty much anything with A4WD mode).