Transfer case shift motor

I have a 2006 ram 1500 slot with the 4.7 I am having a problem with my transfer case control motor

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgnr873117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 slot with the 4.7
I ordered a new transfer case control motor and it was fairly easy to remove the old one. Before I put the new one on I just plugged it in and had my friend switch to 4wd low and high. At first the wheel that goes on the spline turned just fine. Once I installed it it seemed to shift fine but then it got stuck in 4wd low. I removed the new motor and manually put it back in 2wd. But not that wheel that goes on the spline doesn't turn and you just hear that electric motor go on and off like it wants to work but it doesn't. Could this just be a bad motor I bought.

Also when i first put the new motor on when it went into 4wd low the light just flashed..and it never went into 4wd high and that light also flashed. Am i not doing something correctly?? Any suggestions will help