Transmission fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huntap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just changed out my 2005 ram 1500 transmission fluid. Dropped the pan changed the filters. Ive added almost 6-7 L of fluid, idled through all the gears for 5 mins and drove a bit. Dipstick still only shows fluid just passed the cold line on the dipstick when in neutral.

Im afraid to overfill, should i add more?

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just changed out my 2005 ram 1500 transmission fluid. Dropped the pan changed the filters. Ive added almost 6-7 L of fluid, idled through all the gears for 5 mins and drove a bit. Dipstick still only shows fluid just passed the cold line on the dipstick when in neutral.

What does the manual say?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What does the manual say?
6.2L (13 pts) for a service fill.

Are you on level ground?

OP
OP
H

Huntap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the relies guys. Ended up putting 4 more bottles in till it finally climbed the dip stick. Sitting just below the hot mark now. Torque converter must have been thirsty lol.