TRANSMISSION HELP!! Need some solutions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge1221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2 318
On my 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.2 318 V8 46RH), I currently replaced the TV cable because I broke the clip on the end and couldn't really do anything but replace it. I also adjusted my throttle peddle because I could lift it up about 3 inches upward (Let me know if this affects anything, but I thought it wouldn't). It will do a 1-2 shift at right around 25mph, but it wont do a 2-3 shift until about 50mph. Then it will shift into 4th a second or two after 3rd, and then into OD last. 4th and OD are very soft shifts and seem fine, but shifting from 1-2, and 2-3 seem a little firm and at very high RMP's (like around 2500-3000 but also close to 4000 sometimes. Before I cleaned my throttle body it was working just fine. Put more ATF +4 in and is at a good level. Ive been thinking about dropping the pan and replacing the filter, gasket, and new fluid. Anyone have any solutions?
Thank You

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
You need to back off the TV cable adjustment

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be careful replacing the fluid, if its never been changed you could have issues when you put new fluid in there.

OP
OP
D

dodge1221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2 318
When I put the new cable in, the clip that's behind the bracket wont come off, its a different style than the others. The plastic holding clip is inside a plastic housing. And what problems would there be if I put new fluid in, I know it hasn't been changed before. Whats the best thing that will help my shifting problems.