Transmission Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marioman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is approaching 29,000 miles. The owners manual indicates it should receive the transmission service at 30K (unless I read it wrong). I called the local RAM dealer service. The advisor told me that trans doesn't require service until about 120,000 miles. He said they are designed to go that long before a fluid change. Does anyone have this understanding? Comments!

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is approaching 29,000 miles. The owners manual indicates it should receive the transmission service at 30K (unless I read it wrong). I called the local RAM dealer service. The advisor told me that trans doesn't require service until about 120,000 miles. He said they are designed to go that long before a fluid change. Does anyone have this understanding? Comments!
25th Infantry?I see the CIB so I'm assuming Vietnam.My best friend served in the 25th and was killed there in '68.Thanks for your service to our country

Last edited:

Davidloveshishemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
The advisor is correct. Drive the truck and dont worry about it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

The zf8 is supposed to be a lifetime fluid, if that is what you have. You didnt say 1500 or 2500+? The zf8 is a bear to change, and even when you shell out over a grand to have it serviced, you cannot even check the fluid to make sure it's full. It's what we call a quagmire. But before saying anything else, tell us do you have the 8 speed or rfe?