Transmission service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all, just curious what the service intervals are on the 8-speeds. I have a 14 big horn 5.7 with 190k kilometres and haven't serviced it, I got the truck with 133k and after skimming over the service records there is no specific detail about it being touched. No obnoxious issues at hand other than common issues with this year. Just curious what's the best approach, I was planning on doing it closer to summer once the weather gets nicer. Cheers

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hi all, just curious what the service intervals are on the 8-speeds. I have a 14 big horn 5.7 with 190k kilometres and haven't serviced it, I got the truck with 133k and after skimming over the service records there is no specific detail about it being touched. No obnoxious issues at hand other than common issues with this year. Just curious what's the best approach, I was planning on doing it closer to summer once the weather gets nicer. Cheers
ZF reconmends a service between 80,000 and 130,000 kilometers,or every 8 years ,which-ever comes first.You're definitely due for a transmission service.
If you're interested in the deeper PPE pan,these guys in Loydminster AB are the cheapest place i've found in Canada to get the pan from.