trim ring suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortbus317

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a replacement trim ring to go around the shifter (floor shifter). Mine is chrome and has the pleasant ability to turn into a flashbang in the vegas sunlight when I turn the right direction.

I imagine that its plastic, so I am not sure if using hydrocloric acid or easy-off is going to do the trick or not, and would prefer something that looks better than my impatience will allow. The only aftermarket ones I seem to see are all chrome as well.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looking for a replacement trim ring to go around the shifter (floor shifter). Mine is chrome and has the pleasant ability to turn into a flashbang in the vegas sunlight when I turn the right direction.

I imagine that its plastic, so I am not sure if using hydrocloric acid or easy-off is going to do the trick or not, and would prefer something that looks better than my impatience will allow. The only aftermarket ones I seem to see are all chrome as well.
You might have some luck with a 3m green or red scrubbing pad to dull the chrome.

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used plastidip smoke spray on mine, it also eliminated the ghost green led light that reflected off the pass. side window at night (led light upper console that shined down to center console)