Trinity vs intune???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goatman91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really my only question is what are the pros and cons. I don't take my truck to the track or anything im really just after the tune so is it worth the extra 200 bucks for the trinity???

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably, if you get the Hemifever custom tune also.
Jay

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its all pretty much preference. You have the simulated drag strip which is pretty cool to mess around with on the Trinity. And you can customize the pages for different gauge layouts with real time readings. That's about it. If i were to get another one, i would probably just go with the intune since i never touched it after about the first week.

OP
OP
G

Goatman91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As cool as it would be to have all the added bells and whistles i don't really feel like I need that or at least I don't think I do. In really just after the performance. Can the trinity do anythining performance wise that the intune cant?

OP
OP
G

Goatman91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well i reckon ill go with the intune then. I figure between that and a vararam i should put a good bit of pep in it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The performance tuning between the trinity and the intune DCXare identical.

The Trinity comes with the monitor to display all your gauges, lets you record 0-60, 1/8th, and 1/4 mile times, and it is also universal (works on just about every American vehicle from 2000-up).

The Intune DCX is just a basic handheld that you remove from the truck after you load the tune, and it will only work on 2011-14 Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep.

If performance is your main goat with this unit, then the InTune DCX is the way to go. If you are someone that likes to tinker with your toys and changes vehicles every couple years, then the Trinity is a more flexible option.

At the end of the day, you are going to get the exact same gains from either unit.

RAMthevbied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless you plan on mounting the trinity to use the visual gauges, the go with the intune. Hemifever tune is a must! I went with the intune and could not be happier.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was wondering the same exact thing. I was just going to go with the intune DCX but I was not sure if I would be missing out on any tuning benefits by not getting thto ade Trinity. Thanks Hemi450hp for stepping in.

Now, if I may, I would like to elaborate on the original post with an additional question. Should I upgrade my intake and exhaust before applying the HF tune? I know it will help. Due to my budget, I cannot do all at the same time.

I figure the HF tune will need my engine to inhale/ exhale easier. Will the stock setup be sufficient?

Thanks.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
You are going to gain more from the tuner than from the intake and exhaust combined, so I would go with the tuner first. Updates are free with Hemifever, so as you add those mods down the road, simply email him for an update.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
You are going to gain more from the tuner than from the intake and exhaust combined, so I would go with the tuner first. Updates are free with Hemifever, so as you add those mods down the road, simply email him for an update.

I will do that. Thanks for the reply. Fantastic.

Archaic2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will the trinity allow me to monitor oil psi, trans temp, exc. in my express?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Will the trinity allow me to monitor oil psi, trans temp, exc. in my express?

Yes it will. It will show all the gauges in your express that it shows on the sport and Laramie models that have the EVIC.

Bakaehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my intune, but the display of the trinity would be nice.