Truck Honks When I Get Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think the OP is getting confused or forgetful.

Per previous statements (and no, I am not going to go find and quote them):

The Key is only to lock and unlock the doors (but not the tailgate).

The fob is only to start the truck and lock or unlock the tailgate.

Unless he mis-spoke before...
Yep, both of those statement are true.

Some of y'all are getting too specific. Either that, or you are being purposely obtuse. :rolleyes: The fob is, of course, needed for the truck to start, which is a function of the truck, not the fob. There are two buttons on the fob. Their only functions are to lock/unlock my tailgate and a panic button. I have a key also. Its only function is to lock/unlock the doors. The fob is a PITA to have to carry because if I had a key-start ignition and a keyhole in the tailgate I would not need to carry a golfball-sized thing in my pocket all the time

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yep, both of those statement are true.

Some of y'all are getting too specific. Either that, or you are being purposely obtuse. :rolleyes: The fob is, of course, needed for the truck to start, which is a function of the truck, not the fob. There are two buttons on the fob. Their only functions are to lock/unlock my tailgate and a panic button. I have a key also. Its only function is to lock/unlock the doors. The fob is a PITA to have to carry because if I had a key-start ignition and a keyhole in the tailgate I would not need to carry a golfball-sized thing in my pocket all the time
Again, pretty sure that "feature" would 100% prevent me from buying the truck.

Both my Rams had keyless start/entry etc. I take the "hit" of needing to always have the fob, but I DON'T need to have a key...

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2022 has a disable honk on exit in the uconnect settings.
What is the exact wording of the setting you are referring to (or a pic)?
Just to clarify- We are talking about the three honks that happen after you leave the truck running, open the door, exit the vehicle with the key fob, and close the door.