True 90mm BBK throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know, how dare someone state the facts that its falsely advertised at 87 when its an 83. How dare they!

:beatdeadhorse5:

And please share with everyone what the results of the conversation you had with Matt about his TB's and why you think he is ripping everybody off and falsely advertising his products. Surely you gave him the opportunity to explain what his product is and why he advertises it the way he does, before you called him out.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

And please share with everyone what the results of the conversation you had with Matt about his TB's and why you think he is ripping everybody off and falsely advertising his products. Surely you gave him the opportunity to explain what his product is and why he advertises it the way he does, before you called him out.
Jay

Nothing to discuss. Facts are facts. It's not a true 87. End of story.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn’t BBK also have an 85mm TB? Or is that only for the LX platform (Charger, Challenger, 300C)?

I did have a 90mm BBK TB on my 08 Charger, but it had a 392 stroker and cammed by Inertia. The throat on the 6.1L aluminum intake manifold was port matched to the TB. All told after Tuning it was a 500/520 RWHP/RWTQ pushing low 11s on street tires. It was a great car, but I grew up and now have a great truck . . . that I’m modding. It’s a vicious cycle.

load97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doesn’t BBK also have an 85mm TB? Or is that only for the LX platform (Charger, Challenger, 300C)?

I did have a 90mm BBK TB on my 08 Charger, but it had a 392 stroker and cammed by Inertia. The throat on the 6.1L aluminum intake manifold was port matched to the TB. All told after Tuning it was a 500/520 RWHP/RWTQ pushing low 11s on street tires. It was a great car, but I grew up and now have a great truck . . . that I’m modding. It’s a vicious cycle.

Got that right. Once the wife finishes college next February & our house gets fixed up to sell, I might just throw a blower & maybe a cam in my truck. Or just buy a new truck & maybe still do it lol. For now, I'll have to settle on an Edge Pulsar & deal with my wife's wrath when she see's it arrive (she already said no).

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK let me get this straight, you accused one of our preferred vendors of false advertising and ripping people off, without taking the time to call him and ask for an explanation of the product and why it is advertised the way it is. WOW, it seems like hundreds and hundreds of us have all been victims of this nefarious scheme. You are correct --END OF STORY!
Jay

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Its described as ported not true bore......so it is as advertised.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Crackerjack is right, it’s not advertised as a true bore 87mm, it’s advertised as ported. Moe never claimed it to be true 87mm. This is what he said about their 87mm TB in another post.

For starters, the stock throttle body is 80mm from front to back. Our throttle body is a brand new OEM Mopar unit. We start the port at 83mm on the front, open it up to 87mm following the angle of the throttle blade (which only opens 76% at WOT), retain the stock 80mm blade to keep a smooth idle and cruise without any surging or high idle codes, and then taper the port back down to 83mm on the back side. The overall larger bore is where the hp gains come from, and the taper from 87mm to 83mm creates an increase in airspeed which is where your tq gains and increased throttle response comes from. The opening of the factory intake manifold is 82.5mm so it also offers a much smoother transition to the manifold than a true bore 85mm-90mm would.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
God I hate those pesky FACTS. Sometimes they make people look like ________. You fill in the blank. Thanks Tach_tech for taking the time to find that post.
Jay

onemc4you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use a neon light to ionize the air. Inject alcohol within helps clean passenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jay
The conversation was about the Vararam, not a TB.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK let me get this straight, you accused one of our preferred vendors of false advertising and ripping people off, without taking the time to call him and ask for an explanation of the product and why it is advertised the way it is. WOW, it seems like hundreds and hundreds of us have all been victims of this nefarious scheme. You are correct --END OF STORY!
Jay

Such a crybaby you are sir.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Jeremy, I'm not sure why you have such a problem with us, but I am flattered that you feel the need to compare everything to our products. We have never claimed our throttle body to be a true bore 87mm, and I would not run a true bore 87+mm on my own bolt on, or even cammed hemi truck. Bigger is not always better, and the fact that we have owned the fastest hemi trucks to date, and use this unit on those trucks, proves that it works as advertised.

The more you do to the truck, the more you gain from a ported throttle body. I've seen ours make as little as 8hp on a stock truck and as much as 16hp on a full bolt on truck with custom tuning. Your lifted truck on 38's is going to take more than a 10hp gain to feel any difference...even a 15hp difference is going to be very hard to notice with those heavy tires.

Ported throttle bodies are a very small piece of the puzzle when it comes to making power on these trucks, so that is something I recommend people do last. Bang for buck, there is more to gain from tuning, longtube headers, gearing, and a higher stall tq converter, so those are always my top priority before going into the smaller mods like throttle bodies, underdrive pulleys, cold air intakes, and muffler replacements.

Kenneth Maile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a bit of an engine enthusist. I went through all the process and and found that IF you want performance with all the addon's, there's one place everyone forgets about, the Y pipe. Before I made any mods to the y Pipe I was getting 10.2 km/l @ 70 mph, made the mod now getting 9.3 km/l @70mph. Opened up the 3inch to 4inch (diameter of of Y pipe ). want performance, there you go. you do not need to change any thing else.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am a bit of an engine enthusist. I went through all the process and and found that IF you want performance with all the addon's, there's one place everyone forgets about, the Y pipe. Before I made any mods to the y Pipe I was getting 10.2 km/l @ 70 mph, made the mod now getting 9.3 km/l @70mph. Opened up the 3inch to 4inch (diameter of of Y pipe ). want performance, there you go. you do not need to change any thing else.

Kenneth check out Calgary Truck Club and Badlands Rams on facebook,they both hold weekly meets.The ALX group also holds a weekly Wed night meet in Airdrie,which you'll usually find me at.This was from one of the ALX meets a few weeks back

DSCN5100 (2).JPG