Tuffy Security Console Safe 4th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I was looking at Console safes/vaults last week for my 14 Sport and came across one made by Tuffy. It looked pretty decent and cost was $129 for the vault and $12 Fedex delivered. Ordered it directly from Tuffy.

The pictures should describe everything.

Out of the box
IMG_20160712_141010020_zpsxezhwpt7.jpg

Assembled
IMG_20160713_100828891_zps0hajjxrh.jpg

Installed open
IMG_20160713_103015334_zpsuughadra.jpg

Installed closed.
IMG_20160713_103031749_zpswlpdn4et.jpg

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've been eyeing this for a while; haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looks great, clean install.

What's your assessment on the strength and integrity of the unit? Obviously someone can break their way into any safe given the right tools and enough time; but does the kit move or giggle at all or do you think it could be easily forced open?

OP
OP
avantiguy

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I've been eyeing this for a while; haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looks great, clean install.

What's your assessment on the strength and integrity of the unit? Obviously someone can break their way into any safe given the right tools and enough time; but does the kit move or giggle at all or do you think it could be easily forced open?

Too me the downside of any of these safes is they are mounted in a plastic console. I doubt any serious crook would even attempt to open this one or any of the others directly. I'd bet they would just drive a 3-foot pry bar between the plastic side of the console and the vault and pry until something gave enough to get inside. There is a provision to install bolts through the bottom of the console that would help but anyone determined will get into anything in a vehicle with enough time and desire.

The install is solid and doesn't jiggle.

I bought it to discourage the average perp that breaks a window and doesn't have any serious tools with him. The install should withstand the average screw driver I would think.

Most states require locking firearms in the vehicle IIRC, so this should meet that requirement and also satisfy the insurance company you were diligent.

I think it's just what I expected for the price point and it mounts the same as the others. The Tuffy site has the specs and other information for comparison.