Tuner newbie questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ain't it great when things come together the way they're suppose too. You're working with two of the most professional and knowledgeable vendors on this site---IMHO!!!!!
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ain't it great when things come together the way they're suppose too. You're working with two of the most professional vendors on this site---IMHO!!!!!

Jay

I've dealt with Moes when I purchased my headers. They were fantastic and easy to deal with. So glad I've found some descent people to deal with. Makes spending boat loads of money a little easier. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of us continue to contribute to Matt's son's college fund--:favorites13:
Jay

OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So those if you that had hemi fever do your tunes, what did you do for your throttle response? I definitely want a better throttle response than I have but I'm not sure I need it to be "really" responsive.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ordered this morning! Within a few hours i received an email that the tuner had shipped. This evening I received and email from Sean at hemi Fever for my trucks info! So far everything you all have recommended has been fantastic! Thanks!

Just wait until you start tuning... :naughty:

nursenick06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I'm really debating doing the tuner from Moes. If I buy it and go with the hemifever tune, does someone contact me about what's been done to my truck? I know you said that he asked a bunch of questions. Just not sure how that gets accomplished. Sorry seems like a straightforward thing but I don't see anything about that on the site.

I just got the Diablosport I2 from Moes and paid for the Hemifever tune, and Sean emailed me within a few days with a list of questions he needs answered. I got the email before it had even shipped, but it was coming from Conroe, and they kinda had a hurricane. I got the tuner last week, installed the standard Diablo tune, and attached the tune file to the email with the answers to Sean's questions on Friday. I got the custom tune from Sean today, so I will be installing that tomorrow. Just follow the step-by-step instructions and Sean will take care of you.

OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No worries I was in this same boat last year. So when I bought my tuner from Moe's, Matt contacted me and gave me a brief rundown on what steps need to be taken when and what Sean from Hemifever would need from me. After I got my Trinity, Sean emailed me asking what I wanted for tuning, then asked me a bunch of questions about my truck. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember him asking what performance mods I had done such as headers, air intake, etc and what octane gas I would most likely be running. Then within a few hours I got my custom tune along with logging instructions so he can verify the tune was correct for my truck. After 4 logs and 2 revisions to get it perfect, I have what I feel is the perfect tune for my truck. His instructions are detailed and he answered all my noob questions promptly.

What throttle response did you go with? The "reponsive" or "really responsive"? And why? I plan on asking him his recommendation when I email him today. Just like more than one opinion. Thanks!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What throttle response did you go with? The "reponsive" or "really responsive"? And why? I plan on asking him his recommendation when I email him today. Just like more than one opinion. Thanks!

I went with "responsive" because you can adjust it further on the tuner itself. If I wanted it really responsive I can adjust it myself. His "responsive" throttle is a a big improvement over stock. I also had him leave MDS on so I had the choice of turning it off with the tuner or not. I just liked to have the options

OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with "responsive" because you can adjust it further on the tuner itself. If I wanted it really responsive I can adjust it myself. His "responsive" throttle is a a big improvement over stock. I also had him leave MDS on so I had the choice of turning it off with the tuner or not. I just liked to have the options

Great to know that I can just change those things via the tuner! I was going to have him turn off the mds but if I can manually do it through the tuner, even better! Thanks

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great to know that I can just change those things via the tuner! I was going to have him turn off the mds but if I can manually do it through the tuner, even better! Thanks

EDIT Just reread your post, my apologies for restating what you had said.

Definitely let us know how the tuning process goes

Last edited: