Two PHONE BOOKS Found Between Bed and Cab...What the???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Maybe someone is screwing with you, check the dates on the phone books!

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Send me a PM. I was talking to my guy who drove the truck for me smuggling coke, and he said he got arrested and wasnt able to pull those hollowed out phone books out. They have a kilo each of coke, and i need it back! Pm me so we can meet up, or I will come meet up with you!

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Send me a PM. I was talking to my guy who drove the truck for me smuggling coke, and he said he got arrested and wasnt able to pull those hollowed out phone books out. They have a kilo each of coke, and i need it back! Pm me so we can meet up, or I will come meet up with you!
Quoting for when police come for you :roflsquared:

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Are they wrapped in plastic? Or is that just from getting wet? Who even still has phone books anymore? Hahaha

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are they wrapped in plastic? Or is that just from getting wet? Who even still has phone books anymore? Hahaha
The phone company delivers em here religiously whether you want em or not. Talk about a waste of money!

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys, this is just CRAZY!!!

I'm going to loosen the bed on a friend's lift and pull them out that way...the more I mess with it, the tighter they get wedged...

RAMM5.7: You can say THAT again! Super ghetto to have done that, if that's the reason why those books are there...but a buddy of mine reminded me that the frame flexes, and dry phone books would be thinner...this got worse over time. Bottom line: If, after I remove them things start making noise, I'll either fix the problem or put in a couple more phone books! :)

Best,

Maitai ;)

P.S.: Yup, wrapped in plastic!

Reactions: U&A

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You are all over analyzing this. It's a truck. If the prior owner was a route person the phone books arrive to a local delivery point on 1/2 or 1/4 stacked pallets. Usually wrapped in shrink plastic, 4-6 a pack, usually 240 total. Maybe someone had a half pallet which is usually around 400+, the load shifted, and a split open pack containing the two, which is just the right size to fall in, did just that. Fell in to the space in between.

Add on x-thousands of miles, a vehicle owner/operator too lazy to pull them out and they work their way down until they're stuck.

Just a logical thought. OP, what say you on this logical theory?

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I have two new phone books sitting outside my front door, now I have a reason to not just toss them out. lol

FCA better not get any ideas.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Funny. I found a newspaper still in the delivery wrapper back there on my Ram a couple years ago. Seems the paper-chucker had a feeble arm and landed it short where it slid across my bed cover and into the crack.

Somehow I think two phone books would have to be intentional.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This reminds me: I still have a flat rate USPS box stuck in between my cab and bed from when I got some mods way back when. It's been waterlogged and dried multiple times but I've been too lazy to fish out, looks like it's time to figure it out.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are all over analyzing this. It's a truck. If the prior owner was a route person the phone books arrive to a local delivery point on 1/2 or 1/4 stacked pallets. Usually wrapped in shrink plastic, 4-6 a pack, usually 240 total. Maybe someone had a half pallet which is usually around 400+, the load shifted, and a split open pack containing the two, which is just the right size to fall in, did just that. Fell in to the space in between.

Add on x-thousands of miles, a vehicle owner/operator too lazy to pull them out and they work their way down until they're stuck.

Just a logical thought. OP, what say you on this logical theory?
Doesn't this sound like an over analysis to you? You created a story down to the details of specifically what happened! lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Holy ****----"Once upon a time------------ :naughty:
Jay

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Doesn't this sound like an over analysis to you? You created a story down to the details of specifically what happened! lol

What if I'm dead right though? What then? Either way I made a valid point.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What if I'm dead right though? What then? Either way I made a valid point.
Lol I am not saying you couldnt be right..But you said they are over analyzing when you named every detail that happened, i.e. the definition of over analyzing! But yes, theres a chance you're right. I myself, dont believe that but maybeeee:)

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
Maybe....... the guy had 30" subs under the back seat...... the back of the cab was vibrating.....the air flappers vents were driving him nuts.............holy crap batman!
4sHs_A2sSFnUMQ1zF41dER5Zm9DOWeQczcVgPCHD5hrG_xE0dw.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Might want to get something to coat the paint/metal with after you remove them. I wouldn't be surprised if they rubbed the paint right off...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk