Two PHONE BOOKS Found Between Bed and Cab...What the???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Scary thought but If phone companies make phone books for landlines, why doesn't wireless carriers make some for cell phones?

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Scary thought but If phone companies make phone books for landlines, why doesn't wireless carriers make some for cell phones?

Unlike land lines, cell phones aren't tied to a specific town or location. If you lived in Boston, the local phone company in Boston would maintain all of the Boston phone numbers.

With cell phones, the carriers are nationwide. Four people living in one house on one street address could have 4 different cell phone carriers. Which book would they be in? Would you have one book for each carrier, so Boston might have 5 different phone books, and you'd have to know if I had a Sprint or Verizon phone? What about when people move addresses and keep their cell phone number?

raksasa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last year I went to the local landscape supply for a load of coarse bark. The guy missed the mark and dumped a bunch between bed and cab. Tried leaf blower, garden hose and pressure washer with no luck. I had to flick the bark out piece by piece...it took a long time. Good luck getting those phone books out!

I block the open space with pool noodles now whenever I have something dumped in my bed.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Remember that when you remove or even loosen bed mounting bolts, new ones torqued to factory specs should be installed. Bed bolts are one-time only fasteners.

Best regards,
Dusty

2014 Ram Big Horn 1500 Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP70, 3.92 LSD, factory dual exhaust, 20” wheels. Now at: 074448 miles.

ramdawg01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried calling directory assistance??? lol
Seriously though, you might have luck threading one a 1" ratcheting tie down strap
underneath the phone books....one at a time if possible.
Maybe use an electricians fish tape to help in this.
Then securing each end of the tie down strap to the stake holes in the bed.
Squirt some vegeatble oil alongside the phone book and carefully ratchet em out.
Worth a try eh?

Last edited:

aepowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember that when you remove or even loosen bed mounting bolts, new ones torqued to factory specs should be installed. Bed bolts are one-time only fasteners.

Best regards,
Dusty

2014 Ram Big Horn 1500 Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP70, 3.92 LSD, factory dual exhaust, 20” wheels. Now at: 074448 miles.
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?

Rowdy Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe the guy that was repairing it was trying to call a friend