Uconnect 5.0 - Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harris218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May be stupid question, but I have the Uconnect 5.0 in my Ram and was curious if there was any mods you could do to this unit. The unit seems pretty bland and does not seem to do much more then a regular head unit.

I did download the iOS app but that does not seem to do anything unless you buy subscriptions, which I don't even know what that is about.

I did notice when I connect my phone to the Uconnect I have a marker on my Apple Map which shows where my car is parked. Guess that's one thing...

OP
OP
harris218

harris218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry in advance but thought I placed this thread in the electronics section not the interior sections.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
May be stupid question, but I have the Uconnect 5.0 in my Ram and was curious if there was any mods you could do to this unit. The unit seems pretty bland and does not seem to do much more then a regular head unit.

I did download the iOS app but that does not seem to do anything unless you buy subscriptions, which I don't even know what that is about.

I did notice when I connect my phone to the Uconnect I have a marker on my Apple Map which shows where my car is parked. Guess that's one thing...

It is pretty bland, and is as unreliable as a Chevrolet.

I had one originally in my 2013 1500, most garbage POS radio i’ve ever had the experience of using. 3 months into ownership it froze and just completely died and wouldn’t let me change the station at all, but would let me turn the volume up.

I upgraded to the RA4, but i suggest ditching the RA2 for the RA1 if you can’t afford it.

Sent from Blue Onyx