uConnect 8.4 Update...My experience so far in 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiggsy72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all and greetings from Vancouver BC.

I have a 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with a 6" BDS lift and have been enjoying it since 2015. I have periodically checked uConnect download site for updates (we don't have over the air updates in Canada). I punch in my VIN and it always spits back with "You are up to date".

Now for the fun part. I wanted to update my maps as its five years old and lots of changes on the highways around the area and new roads and such. I spent the money for the update and received it in the mail. You have to go and activate the map update for installation and this is when I found out that I do not have the latest version uConnect update (I'm at 15.26.1) the newest version is 17 something, crap.

I finally get around to calling uConnect and they tell me one the phone that the engineers are aware of the problem and they are working on a fix. I'm told to take the truck in to the stealership to update uConnect and submit the bill to uConnect for "possible" reimbursement due to the fact I can't do the update myself. I call BS on the possible reimbursement.

Anyone else in Canada having issues updating uConnect with their VIN?

From what I have learned, no VIN numbers for 4th gen will be able to update on uConnect and you will have to get the dealership to perform this task.

I would love to download and update but not sure what other options there are other than the dealership.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

30below

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello all and greetings from Vancouver BC.

I have a 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with a 6" BDS lift and have been enjoying it since 2015. I have periodically checked uConnect download site for updates (we don't have over the air updates in Canada). I punch in my VIN and it always spits back with "You are up to date".

Now for the fun part. I wanted to update my maps as its five years old and lots of changes on the highways around the area and new roads and such. I spent the money for the update and received it in the mail. You have to go and activate the map update for installation and this is when I found out that I do not have the latest version uConnect update (I'm at 15.26.1) the newest version is 17 something, crap.

I finally get around to calling uConnect and they tell me one the phone that the engineers are aware of the problem and they are working on a fix. I'm told to take the truck in to the stealership to update uConnect and submit the bill to uConnect for "possible" reimbursement due to the fact I can't do the update myself. I call BS on the possible reimbursement.

Anyone else in Canada having issues updating uConnect with their VIN?

From what I have learned, no VIN numbers for 4th gen will be able to update on uConnect and you will have to get the dealership to perform this task.

I would love to download and update but not sure what other options there are other than the dealership.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

30below

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2014 with the 8.4n and also did the map update.Did not have to go to any dealership.Punched my VIN into th uconnect website and said there was an available update for my truck,put it on a USB stick,installed no problem,then installed the new map.im also from Canada

OP
OP
Wiggsy72

Wiggsy72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a 2014 with the 8.4n and also did the map update.Did not have to go to any dealership.Punched my VIN into th uconnect website and said there was an available update for my truck,put it on a USB stick,installed no problem,then installed the new map.im also from Canada
You're lucky, What version are you at now? Once uConnect thinks you have updated there's no redo of going back or trying again. Someone could have used my VIN to download the update as all the VIN's are published online on a few sites.

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
I live in Washington State and recently purchased a Canadian truck ('14 1500) from a dealer in the Seattle area. I did the same as @30below. I loaded the update on a USB stick and updated it myself. I have not done the maps yet, but will do that in the next year probably.

OP
OP
Wiggsy72

Wiggsy72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Washington State and recently purchased a Canadian truck ('14 1500) from a dealer in the Seattle area. I did the same as @30below. I loaded the update on a USB stick and updated it myself. I have not done the maps yet, but will do that in the next year probably.
Hi Neighbour! Would you still happen to have the update files? If either yourself or @30below still have the files it would be a huge help. There is also a thread on here where the Uconnect files and versions are kept for other users unable to obtain a Uconnect update. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/info-2013-2018-8-4an-fw-notes-ra4-vp4-na-uax.73871/

Can you list the “Hardware Part Number” of your unit? Mine is 68224537AE, this can be accessed by pressing and holding the driver side temp up and down buttons and the defrost button all at the same time until the dealer menu appears (after about 6 seconds).

Thanks

Kevinfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If anyone has software please let me know I'm stuck aswell and also from canada. Bought the RA4 from a scrap yard and do t know vehicles vin :(