uConnect error question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A few weeks ago I was prepping the truck for a road trip and decided to connect my phone using Android Auto. I went thru the prompts but decided not to complete the connection because it wanted to access too much info on my phone. I now get the following error message at each start up. Any ideas on how to get rid of this error message? Thanks!

ISO.jpg

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
1. Go back into the phone app on your display and tell it to forget your phone.
2. On the phone, go into Bluetooth settings and tell it to forget the UConnect. Reboot the phone when done.

best,
DG

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
1. Go back into the phone app on your display and tell it to forget your phone.
2. On the phone, go into Bluetooth settings and tell it to forget the UConnect. Reboot the phone when done.

best,
DG
This...and be sure to answer all prompts in the affirmative on both your phone and radio when attempting to reconnect to AA.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Android & Google are evil abusers of our privacy. I try to disable any access to my private business soon after using Google Maps. What a huge PITA it can be.

It's best to keep detailed notes on exactly how you restored functionality to Android Auto because if you're like me and disable that crap after using it, plan for grief during your next effort to use it again. :cool:

OP
OP
aces-n-eights

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys. I've disabled my phone and will do a couple of start/shut down cycles and see if the error message goes away.

Android & Google are evil abusers of our privacy.
I totally agree! And that's why i don't want to connect to AA. I may reinstall my phone, but no AA for me!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I totally agree! And that's why i don't want to connect to AA. I may reinstall my phone, but no AA for me!

I use AA, intermittently, because the Nav in my truck is hideous unless you're looking to burn more gas and extend your travel time.

I'm tempted to just install my standalone TomTom GPS which is far better for Nav, and just deal with the additional wiring and external display again.

This TomTom GPS had the lifetime maps option which strangely has a finite period of 10 years for updates. These updates quit years ago but it still works better than the Ram Nav.

While using Google Maps, it won't allow me access to my preferred SMS app because it's not from Google. FHs!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca