Uconnect Files

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if you are still looking, but there are certain versions that have to be installed, but not always.

You apparently have to find the TSB for the update (or equiv for Canada) to see what updates you HAVE to install, and which ones you can skip. (IE the 2018's need 18.x, 19.x, 28.x, and then they can load 40.x, skipping 20.x, 21.x, 22.x, 29.x, 30.x and 39.x I believe.)
Yeah I got it all updated, but it didn't change much really. In hindsight not really worth the effort, though I was able to update my GPS as a result. But they sent me a version two years old lol. I do have the apps button now.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I got it all updated, but it didn't change much really. In hindsight not really worth the effort, though I was able to update my GPS as a result. But they sent me a version two years old lol. I do have the apps button now.
I found that going from 21 to 28 didn't seem to change much (I always had the app button), but jumping to 39.x FINALLY saved the Carplay volume between prompts, and the Android Auto volume between "reboots". IE Android Auto had been defaulting to 15 at every start up, and the few times I had to use an iPhone (old work phone, or the Wife's phone) they would go to 15 EVERY time the damn phone started talking. 39.x FINALLY saved the volume, although on first boot of 39.x, it defaulted to "0" volume for EVERYTHING for some reason. (My usual volume level is like 10... So 15 was noticeably louder. Especially when my kid was sleeping in the back seat.)

But overall, yeah, I can't say I've noticed much difference between 17.x, and 40.1 across the 6 years I've had the 2018 RAM.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
guys, please share, at least an update
Sorry, your post disappeared and moved to another location for me. I'm not familiar with that version of the 8.4 and I do not have any firmware for it. If I understand correctly, the radio won't boot at all and you are wanting to connect directly to the hardware with a serial connection to flash a firmware to it and make it work again. That is something I haven't seen discussed on this forum.

SUren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you understand me correctly.
But how do you know which update is suitable for a given device?
I want to try to unpack the update and cut a piece out of it for emmc

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
you understand me correctly.
But how do you know which update is suitable for a given device?
I want to try to unpack the update and cut a piece out of it for emmc
All of my knowledge is comes from these forums. Unfortunately I've never come across firmware for that specific radio. What I have seen is that those radios don't work well in 4th Gen Rams. Is yours a 4th Gen (Classic) or 5th Gen truck? Have you tried to power it up on the bench instead of plugged into the truck?

SUren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All of my knowledge is comes from these forums. Unfortunately I've never come across firmware for that specific radio. What I have seen is that those radios don't work well in 4th Gen Rams. Is yours a 4th Gen (Classic) or 5th Gen truck? Have you tried to power it up on the bench instead of plugged into the truck?
I have RAM 5 generation. Yes, I tried to connect it on the table. The current consumption is 500-650ma. The screen is dark and every 2 minutes, the consumption drops to 0 and everything repeats again.
|here is the firmware that I extracted from emmc