Uconnect won't let me add my phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fritomnky2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
So the Bluetooth was acting funny so I tried deleting my phone from the truck then readding it, but when I tap add phone it says can't access function while vehicle in motion. I'm in park! I've tried shutting the truck off and still no luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
So the Bluetooth was acting funny so I tried deleting my phone from the truck then readding it, but when I tap add phone it says can't access function while vehicle in motion. I'm in park! I've tried shutting the truck off and still no luck. Any ideas?

I have not looked but is there a reset function for the radio? Maybe that is all that needs to be done.

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Try this.

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
I don't have hot and cold buttons, however I got it working again by turning it off and taking the key out for 5-10 minutes. Thanks!

At least you got it. Maybe someone else will see this and try it if needed

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you haven't yet, after deleting your phone from your truck go into your phone and delete uconnect from it. I had your same problem a few weeks back after deleting the two phones I had paired (work and personal) and tried to pair them back after getting a new work phone. I was able to reconnect my blackberry, but the truck wouldn't see the new work phone. Was driving me nuts until I looked on the settings of the work IPhone and saw when all the settings from the old phone was transferred to the new it also moved over the uconnect settings.

After deleting uconnect from new phone and starting from scratch it found it and paired it without issue.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I just tried un and reinstall my I Phone 7 and it would not let me repair. :O Like ExpressRules said I deleted UCONNECT from my phone, and it reconnected fine!