ugly exhaust. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have the single exhaust on a 4X4 QC SLT. I don't want to get into putting on a dual exhaust with new bumpers etc.. but damn, the way the muffler and pipe is pitched sideways and hung low is all kinds of ugly. Don't care about sound either, just talking looks here

I know nothing of exhaust. Anyone got ideas for a little visual improvement? Could I get a square exhaust tip and have a shop snug it up closer to the chrome bumper?

Attachments

• PA230004.jpg
    PA230004.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 616

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That "muffler" you see there is actually the resonator. You can easily just cut that off, and clamp a nice tip onto the end of the tailpipe. You can also paint the tailpipe black coming off the muffler so that it is not as visible from behind. I always did that on my diesel exhausts because of the huge 4-5" piping.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Also one thing I used to do to all of the 7.3s I had was raise the tip to where it is only like a half inch below the fender. Of course that was when I put a muffler on them but it could probably easily be done without taking anything off. And clean the crap out of the tip it might actually polish up fairly nice if it is even a cheap grade of stainless. Good luck!

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Man dump that thing after the axel, or check out Green Mamba's he's got a pretty sick exhaust.

OP
OP
Jabalone

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. Good ideas. I'd like to keep the ugly resonator. I'm okay with it running pretty quiet. Guess I should check out an exhaust shop and see about $$$$$.

How about this baby below the chrome bumper. .... I know, flames aren't everyone's thing. :)

Attachments

• gibson_flame_sport_truck_exhaust_tip.jpg
    gibson_flame_sport_truck_exhaust_tip.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 764

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
You can also get a round reaonator and tuck it up a bit higher. But any myffler shop can accommodate what u want. If it was mine I would slap dual tips on it similar to the raptor. Like the one in the pick.... Please don't hang me for posting a pic of a ford :crazy:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jabalone

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it was mine I would slap dual tips on it similar to the raptor. Like the one in the pick.... Please don't hang me for posting a pic of a ford :crazy:

Lol... the raptor exhaust looks good. Thanks. How about this variation on the same idea?

Does side exhaust limit flow at all compared to rear? Or impact volume? I'm assuming not enough to notice.

Attachments

• dualexhaust.jpg
    dualexhaust.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 455