under hood light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redram99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 2016 express has no under hood light where to get one?

13igtymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call your local dealership they might have them stock. The kit was part of a recall for some models.

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine from moparpartsonline. You can also find them new on ebay. Also got the upper glove box kit.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moparpartsonline ...it's like $30 if I remeber correctly. ...5 min install
Might also want to pick up, the upper glove box kit, cabin air filter kit, and floor lighting kit .... 2016 Express doesn't come with any of those ... take it from a guy with a 2016 express ;)

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hardest part, for me, was getting that dummy plug out of the under hood harness. PIA would not come out. Took me an hour. Lol (now).

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
will this kit work for a 2014 ?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes the underhood light plug is there on the 2014 as well. You can find the underhood light kit on ebay or any online Mopar parts supplier or your dealer. The dealer would most likely be a lot more expensive.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Check out the link that U&A posted. My dealer had one in stock and I got it for $10. Plus it comes with the upper glovebox light. 2 for the price of 1/2. Worked for me!

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
From my 2014 Deep Cherry Ram 1500 Crew Cab build thread.

MOPAR OEM Part # CEC1MO71AA Under Hood Light Kit

Like so many other Mods, I never knew what I was missing, nor how much I needed it, until I stumbled across the information, reading this forum.

What is this? My Ram 1500 Express did not come with an under hood light?
Run outside, as fast as my feet will carry me. Pop that hood, hook up, in sheer Terror. There was no light!!

Now, to buy the parts, individually, you will need to sell a child or mortgage teh house. Not really but it is like a $100 or so.

OR, you can find MOPAR Part # CEC1MO71AA - about $20.

Seems this was a recall parts 'kit" , not a for retail sale kit, Chrysler whipped up for 2011-2013 Sport trucks that did NOT come with the under hood & glove box lights, but should have.

Called a local dealer, Dewey Dodge - Ankeny, Iowa. They had the kit.
FYI, just called the guy, he still has one , in stock, now $20

img_222.jpg

The kit includes the under hood light assembly, with bulb. One push pin, to mount the light to the hood itself, 2 replacement retaining clips, for the under hood mat, the wiring harness AND one glove box light assembly.

Just pop off the two clover leaf looking clips holding the under hood mat to the bottom of the hood. ( I got by with just popping of the one but the kit comes with two new clips).

Slide the mat from underneath the retaining thingy.

DSCN0208.jpg

Remove the bulb from the light assembly.

Mount the light assembly, with the included push pin.
When mounting the light, have the "plug in" End of the light assembly pointing up.

You can't mess it up, there is a hole and a slot, on the hood, that matches up with the back of the light itself.

Plug in the wire harness. It has two ends but only one end of it will fit the light assembly itself. It's Gofishn Proof.

Wrap from top, down the side of the mounted light assembly.

You will notice clips, on the wiring harness.

Those clips match up perfectly with holes in the hood.
Just follow them along to the hood support.

Took me about 5 minutes to do it.
Getting the bulb out of the light, so I could mount the assembly to the hood,
took me longer than anything. Was worried I would break it.

Remove the Blank Filler plug, from the electrical connector you will need.
Plug in your new light.

DSCN0204.jpg

I was not really that impressed with the amount of light the OEM bulb gave me.
Even at night, it was Weak, Whimpy, Whambly, Whombly. So I replaced it with this one.

578-led-can-bus-bulb-1-smd-led-festoon-44mm.jpg

Got it here.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...car/1264/2937/

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this supposed to be part of the kit? Looks like the glove box switchf33fe2f6e2fae5c75fb813f13230ae5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
That is the upper glove box light. If you have the upper cubby it is not used. It is included with the recall kit.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
It does, found it in the other thread

Sorry for the noise

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is part of the upper glove box kit.

Some 2013 Sport truck mistakenly did not come with any of the lights that are normally left off the Express version. Since the 2013 Express does not have an upper glove box, they left the light out of the 2013 Sport version, which did have the upper glove box. Just liek they left out the underhood light.

Hence the need for a recall kit. Most 2013 Sport owners did not realize that they got shortchanged, so the kits are still laying around, in various dealerships parts dept. Officailly, they are only to be sold to Sport owners, but, like with everything nowadays, the company is soo large, the parts are soo rarely sold, that most parts dept folks do not realize it and sell it for the cheap.

Price that stuff out, individually, it;s over a $100, according to the poor guy who first posted about this recall kit, after spending over a $100 for all the individual parts.