Undercoating.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. But expensive. If I remember (never had it done) but the known coating and the like are fraction of the cost.

And I like the idea of one coating for the lifetime of the vehicle. But what about for those of us that change or modify parts of our trucks? Will I have to re-coat for the new parts?

IMHO, no material is "lifetime of the vehicle", nor would I trust a single application of anything to prevent rust on the lifetime of my vehicle.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$159.00cand for a yearly dose of Krown. Done in a morning or afternoon.

May have mentioned the price already.

T.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am actually pretty happy so far with Ziebart on my 2016 - not sure where the makes it hard to work on after comes from.
I haven't had any problems doing anything I want or need to.

Now the grease undercoating that worked well on my 2001 Dakota, yeah that made it a pain to work on anything that was even near the rustproofing - and no one wanted to touch it due to coming out just absolutely grease covered even years later. That stuff worked well, except for washing off of the brake lines and those rusting out even though it was touched up/resprayed every 2 years per the company.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Canada we have plenty Krown franchises, but also have some Rust Check ones. Both are very fluid. I've used Krown on other vehicles in the past.

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I cannot say it loud enough.
Stay away from zeibart.
I was un educated and fell for it
It rots from inside out as they just keep coating it to make it look nice but inside its rotting away
Junk. Junk.

Fluid film is a good choice

I bought kit and a gallon of amazon
Works great. Did wifes car

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Living just outside Toronto Canada, rust-proofing is something that is a must. I've had different types over the years and none have been effective, except Krown rust-proofing. After a ton of research, it is the only one that has proven results. All the undercoating types just trap moisture, they dry and crack and then the moisture gets in. The "ion" electrical is garbage. But getting it done with Krown once per year is the right way to go, and it's used by our Military on all their vehicles, which to me is a solid endorsement. Couple that with a good waxing for the exterior a few times a year to ensure the outside is sealed and that will be as good as it gets.

The Canadian Military needs something good for their fleet because our sh!tty government won't replace them for a hundred years.

Corrosion Free is also a solid options....similar to Krown but runs/drips less. I've used Krown a lot in the past but the last three vehicles have been done with Corrosion Free,