Unexplainable noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shield134

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have a 2018 3500 with a 6.4, absolutely love the truck but I have one issue with an annoying noise. I can hear a humming/ whistling sound from the front of the cab. The noise sounds electrical and increases with acceleration. I’ve had the idler pulley replaced to no avail. I’ve heard the the noise canceling mic was the culprit but before I start pulling wires, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Zack02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I don't have a solution..make sure you are documenting all of this with your dealer. And make sure they are LOGGING it in your truck records. Even if you have a major issue out of warranty it's still covered as a documented issue. My dad's '17, 2500 6.4 had an issue similar, no "electrical" sound, more mechanical, but it turned into major PCM issues, and his truck was lemon'ed after the warranty was up because it was documented. Good luck, hope it's nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2018 3500 with a 6.4, absolutely love the truck but I have one issue with an annoying noise. I can hear a humming/ whistling sound from the front of the cab. The noise sounds electrical and increases with acceleration. I’ve had the idler pulley replaced to no avail. I’ve heard the the noise canceling mic was the culprit but before I start pulling wires, has anyone else experienced this problem?
For my knowledge what is the "noise canceling mic?" Thanks.

OP
OP
S

Shield134

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The noise canceling mic, for how it was explained to me, is a unit that’s plugged into the amp under the drivers seat that helps cancel out background noise for the hands free phone and other accessories.