Upgraded to the mopar kickers (with pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:7-31 update: Rears installed...Post 31, page 4(for me).

So I upgraded to the replacement 77KICK28AB speakers. When I bought this truck I definitely thought it sounded pretty good for factory. But now that its summer, with the windows down it didn't sound as good and I wanted more. Read a few posts on here about them and figured Id give them a shot before adding an amp and spending more money than I have on better sound...

If I had to describe this upgrade in one word...AMAZING! I can't even believe how much they improved the sound! And I still have the rear to do. Didn't buy the rear at the same time because I was a little skeptical about how much this upgrade improved the sound from stock.

Thanks to the dude in the white single cab (sorry I don't remember your screen name) that replied in 99% of the threads regarding these speakers.:favorites13: (hopefully you see this because I have a question on the rears)
Enough chitchat....

Left factory-Right Kicker
Dash Tweeters
mail.google.com_zpsp8shqmya.jpg

Front 6x9's
mail.google.com4_zpsxfuqgzr9.jpg

Look at the magnet difference on these ****'s!
mail.google.com3_zps1n8fncem.jpg

mail.google.com2_zps4belfseb.jpg

The bubble sticker they come with is a nice touch...(night pic, flash picked up the other side of the grille...looks much better without the flash.
mail.google.com5_zpslxl7qm7k.jpg

:7-31 update: Rears installed...Post 31, page 4(for me).

Last edited:

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did yours have the Alpine system or no? And you are probably referring to Greygoose. Our audio expert here.

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did yours have the Alpine system or no? And you are probably referring to Greygoose. Our audio expert here.

Non-Alpine, 8.4A. And your right....it was Greygoose.

I owe this dood a beer! (or a maine lobster):love51:

Last edited:

aZbittel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are these the best option for improving my 5in uconnect before getting and aftermarket hu? Are there better non oem speakers that will be abetter replacement, or are these basically as good as it gets without going custom?

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question for greygoose is, the rear recommended speakers are the 77KICK41 (two ways). The highs from the front set are already super clear...maybe too good....
I feel these rear 2-ways are not needed and i'd rather have more bass...
Am I crazy in thinking that I want the same 6x9's that I just put in the front in the rear?
Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I want to do to mine. Probably next on my list list. Looks great!

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I upgraded to the replacement 77KICK28AB speakers. When I bought this truck I definitely thought it sounded pretty good for factory. But now that its summer, with the windows down it didn't sound as good and I wanted more. Read a few posts on here about them and figured Id give them a shot before adding an amp and spending more money than I have on better sound...

If I had to describe this upgrade in one word...AMAZING! I can't even believe how much they improved the sound! And I still have the rear to do. Didn't buy the rear at the same time because I was a little skeptical about how much this upgrade improved the sound from stock.

Thanks to the dude in the white single cab (sorry I don't remember your screen name) that replied in 99% of the threads regarding these speakers.:favorites13: (hopefully you see this because I have a question on the rears)
Enough chitchat....

Left factory-Right Kicker
Dash Tweeters
mail.google.com_zpsp8shqmya.jpg

Front 6x9's
mail.google.com4_zpsxfuqgzr9.jpg

Look at the magnet difference on these ****'s!
mail.google.com3_zps1n8fncem.jpg

mail.google.com2_zps4belfseb.jpg

The bubble sticker they come with is a nice touch...(night pic, flash picked up the other side of the grille...looks much better without the flash.
mail.google.com5_zpslxl7qm7k.jpg

I put these speakers in my 2011 right after I bought it brand new. I also installed the 2 ways in the rear doors. They sound ok, not much for highs.
I added a 10" sub under the rear passenger seat too.

The front 6x9's rock, and the tweeters sound great!

My kicker bubble stickers fell off during the first hot summer [emoji20]

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question for greygoose is, the rear recommended speakers are the 77KICK41 (two ways). The highs from the front set are already super clear...maybe too good....
I feel these rear 2-ways are not needed and i'd rather have more bass...
Am I crazy in thinking that I want the same 6x9's that I just put in the front in the rear?
Your thoughts?

Anybody else with opinions?
I don't care one bit how my stereo sounds to back seat riders (crew cab)...would rather have just the bass back there as the front is already a little overpowering(simple fix with the equalizer)...
Recommend me some back 6x9's! Or should I just stick with the 77KICK41? :favorites13:

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My kicker bubble stickers fell off during the first hot summer [emoji20]

I used rubbing alcohol to clean off any old interior cleaner/oils...then put the heat gun to them after instal. I'm pretty confident that they will stay put but time will tell. :favorites13:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the part numbers for the front speakers and door speakers?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sorry I missed this, but thank you! Thank you for the feedback on them as well. I actually may do this change up as well. I did the full custom deal on my white truck, but may do the Mopar upgrade on this one.

yes, just to the mid 6x9 if you feel you already have enough highs. :)

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes, just to the mid 6x9 if you feel you already have enough highs. :)

Is there a part# for just the mids without the tweets? I'm coming up with nothing... Id hate to have to buy the 77KICK28AB and not need the tweets.

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you just want the 6x9 midbass, not coax?

Looking for the 6x9's that come with 77KICK28AB without the tweets. :favorites13:

But honestly...I will probably just pull the trigger on the 77KICK41's to get er done...seems to be more effort than its worth :roflsquared:

burn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hi,

does this also work for a 2011 with 730n and Alpine system?

thanks!

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How hard was it to replace the dash and door speakers? Did you have to tear half the truck apart to do so?

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hi,

does this also work for a 2011 with 730n and Alpine system?

thanks!
I dont think these work with the Alpine system...I think the Ohms are different.

How hard was it to replace the dash and door speakers? Did you have to tear half the truck apart to do so?

For the dash, you just pop the little grills. For the door you take off the door panels. VERY easy to do both. Took me maybe 15-20 min to instal...and I took my time. :favorites13: