Upgraded to the mopar kickers (with pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Googled them and crap, they only go back to 05, i have an 02, blazenlo saw the lobster reference are you a Maine boy like me?

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

That I am. :favorites13:

jl42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
penstar v6
How hard is the install of this setup. The door speakers dont seem like they would be too bad but how about the dash tweeters?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Dash speakers are about 10 times easier then the doors. There is a video on YouTube that shows the install. Don't get me wrong the doors are easy too, but the dash is so easy a caveman can do it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know the power handling of the Mopar Kicker Speakers upgrade? I skimmed through the thread but didnt really see specs. Im up in the air about what i want to put in still.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does anyone know the power handling of the Mopar Kicker Speakers upgrade? I skimmed through the thread but didnt really see specs. Im up in the air about what i want to put in still.
Graygoose is the member to ask. He'll know...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank for you tube links. Just ordered mine ![emoji3][emoji3]

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just replied, will be perfect with your amp.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second this on the specs.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
125-150 max

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Got off work this morning and finally had a day off to install all 6 Kicker Speakers in my Ram...

Installed these in the dash...
Kicker 41KSC354 3-1/2" 2-way speakers at Crutchfield.com

Installed these in the all 4 doors...
Kicker 40CS654 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Install was Very Easy with the Free wire adapters and speaker adapters from 6x9 to 6 1/2... Took about 2 hours...

I am still amazed at the Horrid Cheap Construction of the factory speakers... These factory speakers resemble the Same Cheap construction of the factory speakers I removed from my first Pickup {4x10s} at the age of 18... Back in 1982!

The Quality of sound is Much Much Better! The Front Dash speakers really are impressive! So Crisp and Clean...

My Ram did not come with the Alpine System so I am really thinking about looking into the Kicker VSS Powerstage System to be installed under the drivers side back seat... Have to do a bit more research and see how hard install would be...

I only wish I could have had more $$$ in my budget {2 Kids now in College} & purchased better quality speakers but for the price these Kickers are quite amazing... I am Very Pleased with my choice...

Sirius Radio Sounds So Much Better now!

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Got off work this morning and finally had a day off to install all 6 Kicker Speakers in my Ram...

Install was Very Easy with the Free wire adapters and speaker adapters from 6x9 to 6 1/2... Took about 2 hours...

I am still amazed at the Horrid Cheap Construction of the factory speakers... These factory speakers resemble the Same Cheap construction of the factory speakers I removed from my first Pickup {4x10s} at the age of 18... Back in 1982!

The Quality of sound is Much Much Better! The Front Dash speakers really are impressive! So Crisp and Clean...

My Ram did not come with the Alpine System so I am really thinking about looking into the Kicker VSS Powerstage System to be installed under the drivers side back seat... Have to do a bit more research and see how hard install would be...

I only wish I could have had more $$$ in my budget {2 Kids now in College} & purchased better quality speakers but for the price these Kickers are quite impressive... I am Very Pleased with my choice...

Where are you in "tornado alley"?

Thanks for positive feedback, amazing a simple speaker swap can be so easy, yet gain so much out of it.

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I only wish I could have had more $$$ in my budget {2 Kids now in College} & purchased better quality speakers but for the price these Kickers are quite amazing... I am Very Pleased with my choice...

Your review finally sold me. I've been on the fence about what to do with my poor sound. I had been thinking about going with a full amplifier and components and pricing things out until I quit looking because my cart was too much. But for $200 and to get rid of the flat sounding audio, I am in! Also thinking about the VSS upgrade as well.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
JackBlack: Please remember every buddies ears are different... Your ears might hear something mine don't... Visa Versa!

What I gave was My Personal Experience! Just keep that in mind...

After thinking about it... I probably just should have added a small Amp to the door speakers and been done with it... I don't listen to loud music--> I do appreciate Clean / Crisp / Rich / Sound! I also wish I had more $$$ in my budget at this time for this upgrade I would have installed some Higher End door speakers... But it is what it is...

My main listening music is southern rock (80s-90s).. Also a lot of sports talk radio! (Along with some Hair Nation thrown in there as well)...

Last edited:

remy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how they would sound with the uconnect 130? Not sure if the 8.4 head unit would have more watts than a standard head unit. I have searched everywhere to find the specs and have had No luck!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Does anyone know how they would sound with the uconnect 130? Not sure if the 8.4 head unit would have more watts than a standard head unit. I have searched everywhere to find the specs and have had No luck!

Will still be a great upgrade. I did them in my 2011 Ram Express, with basic radio...huge upgrade.

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
JackBlack: Please remember every buddies ears are different... Your ears might hear something mine don't... Visa Versa!

What I gave was My Personal Experience! Just keep that in mind...

After thinking about it... I probably just should have added a small Amp to the door speakers and been done with it... I don't listen to loud music--> I do appreciate Clean / Crisp / Rich / Sound!

My main listening music is southern rock (80s-90s).. Also a lot of sports talk radio! (Along with some Hair Nation thrown in there as well)...

My music listenin is all over the charts, but mostly classic rock and talk radio. My main complaint about the current speakers is that anything with bass resonates and is louder than the mid's and high's, and vocals/speech breaks up if they are present with the bass. I don't listen to it super loud, I just need to get something a half step up from the paper cones and I'm sure I'll be good.

What sold me with your review was the ease of installation and that the sound quality improved.

When I was 18-21 I would have pulled all the panels and installed sound deadening and component systems with custom box. However, over the years that has been less and less important (not sure if it was the wife complaining about the boom or just getting older).