upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake_3005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys i recently just got my first truck a 2013 ram 1500 and I was wondering what are some good first upgrades and is there anything specific on the truck including engine chassis or trans that I should beef up at all now or should I wait till I have more power till I do that thanks so much -jake

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Change all your fluids so you will know the status , check brake pads. 2. Or 4 wheel drive ?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Some people (they are wrong) like to lower theirs, some people want HP for straight line pulls, I personally would look at suspension components for off-roading. Depends what your goals are. But as Daw suggested, some basic maintenance is the best start.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
hey guys i recently just got my first truck a 2013 ram 1500 and I was wondering what are some good first upgrades and is there anything specific on the truck including engine chassis or trans that I should beef up at all now or should I wait till I have more power till I do that thanks so much -jake
If your truck has the 6 speed (column or console shifter) the first thing you'll want to look into before adding any power is swapping the transmission out for the 8 speed. The RFE 5/6 speed transmission won't last long if you add power to the engine and like to have fun with that power.
If you have the 6 speed ,get in the habit of manually downshifting it,before you floor it to pass somebody,and no high speed runs in high gear / overdrive,that'll cook it pretty fast.
And no you can't build the RFE to handle power,no matter what anybody tells you,so don't spend any money on it,like a high stall convertor,put that money towards an 8 speed swap

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on your 1st truck!

How do you plan to mainly use the truck and what are you looking to do for fun with it?

Most common mods we see are
Exhaust, catback or muffler kit
level kit or full suspension upgrade for off roading and/or lift
bed cover
Headers, either shorties or long tubes
Throttle response controller if you dont plan to tune the truck
Catch can

Due to the truck being 10 years old replacing the fluids would be a good idea. Oil(if due), trans, t-case, front diff and rear diff.

We offer all these items and much more. I can also offer forum discounts for some of them as well! Please feel free to message me for more info and for pricing

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The "basic" performance mods that people start with are long tube headers, a tuner with a custom tune, and a CAI. Other mods can be added to this foundation depending on how much you want to spend and what your goals are. The weak link in your truck is the 6 speed transmission. If you invest in mods, you should also save for transmission work or replacement.
Jay

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat