Upgrading to factory LED taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Has anyone swapped the factory incandescent taillights, to the factory LED taillights and what's involved in making it convert over?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone swapped the factory incandescent taillights, to the factory LED taillights and what's involved in making it convert over?
It's a very common upgrade for the 13 to 18 Rams. You will need to order a conversion harness from Retro Shops. It will come with the correct resistors to make it a plug and play install

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It's a very common upgrade for the 13 to 18 Rams. You will need to order a conversion harness from Retro Shops. It will come with the correct resistors to make it a plug and play install

Awesome thanks

What have most people swapped to the Sport or Laramie? Aren't the sport lights tinted?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's all a matter of personal preference some people like this Sport style some people like the Laramie. I ended up running the Laramie style in my truck but to each his own. Retro shops also makes the conversion harness to install the factory projector headlights as well. You can also get them in the Sport tinted style or the Laramie clear style

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It's all a matter of personal preference some people like this Sport style some people like the Laramie. I ended up running the Laramie style in my truck but to each his own. Retro shops also makes the conversion harness to install the factory projector headlights as well. You can also get them in the Sport tinted style or the Laramie clear style

what about the 3rd brake light?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can install the Ram factory LED 3rd brake light with the cargo camera option but they're extremely expensive and hard to find. I actually installed one in my truck and made it work but you have to enable codes in the BCM plus a lot of other stuff. I would recommend going with an aftermarket 3rd brake light if you want the LED but you're going to have to run and inline resistor so you do not get brake light out warning messages on your speedometer screen.

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

How do I get ahold of retro shops?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Did on my 2015, JJ's Sport LEDs and Harness.

20160515_203728.jpg

20160515_203722.jpg