Urgent Advice Needed. Limp Mode...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you use OEM sensors. I have learned the hard way that aftermarket cam and crank sensors do not work well at all on jeep or any Chrysler products. I had multiple p0034 p0017 p000a p0349 etc codes. None of which were wiring issues as the codes would suggest. In every case it was caused by a faulty sensor or an aftermarket that just would not function correctly. Unless you rip wires apart accidently or bury it in mud wiring is rarely the issues in these cases. A connector is a different story. And start by making sure they are properly connected with no bent pins or a pin pushed back in the connector. Normally if it wiring it will do it immediately rather than show up later.
I just put new sensors from mopar on and it fixed the issues! Just learned from alternator manufacturer i need a 1/2 in smaller belt because of after market part having a smaller pulley

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sensors can be bad & new at the same time. Are you sure you put the phaser on correct. Or have the correct one . (If changed). I see you said timing was off. I believe the hemi is a interference engine. (Correct me if wrong)Off 1 tooth could bend valves. Also check pins on sensors as they can get bent .
Sensors changed and good now. Still have to check compression for possible bent valve, but just learned my oem belt size is too big for my aftermarket alternator so issues should be fixed soon

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wish I could say I don't hear this aftermarket story very often...but I do. Especially with electrical components.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 92855 miles.

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wish I could say I don't hear this aftermarket story very often...but I do. Especially with electrical components.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 92855 miles.
Yeah, sadly I learned the hard way after buying multiple napa sensors lol. Luckily its fixed now and its out of limp mode, plus the belt replaced. Now to figure out the compression issue of a possible bent valve.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An expert ear is not necessary. A problem related to compression isn't going to set either a hard fail DTC P0344 OR a phantom code. So the snipe hunt continues! ;)
In your opinion a cam/lifter failure would not cause a P0344 code with limp mode? I'm dealing with a similar issue currently