USB/AUX, Armrest changing radio Functions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcrican762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I noticed when I leaned on the armrest the radio would change the function to Aux. I did this a couple times to make sure it wasn’t a coincidence. I also noticed when I open the armrest there is a spot right before it is fully open where it changes the radio function to aux. It happens when I open the two covers, together. Upper and Lower. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I’ve been going through some forums and looking online but haven’t found much about this. Thanks, please help! Let me know if purchasing a new USB / Aux port, would fix the issue? Again, thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I noticed when I leaned on the armrest the radio would change the function to Aux. I did this a couple times to make sure it wasn’t a coincidence. I also noticed when I open the armrest there is a spot right before it is fully open where it changes the radio function to aux. It happens when I open the two covers, together. Upper and Lower. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I’ve been going through some forums and looking online but haven’t found much about this. Thanks, please help! Let me know if purchasing a new USB / Aux port, would fix the issue? Again, thanks.
Yes, mine does too. I disconnected the AUX wires at the radio but they can also be disconnected under the drivers seat.

OP
OP
D

dcrican762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What year is your truck? if you do not mind me asking.

Boneseo3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2015 Laramie with jump seat. It did the same. The wire is on the passenger side of armrest. After you you remove the fabric. I tugged the wire towards the aux. seemed to fix it. Gave it a little more slack.