v6 tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodgefreek89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i know this is mostly full size trucks on here but i was hoping you guys could sstill help me out.

i recently purchased a 94 dakota with a 3.9 v6 (2wd 5 speed) as a gas saver back and forth to work and im gonna do a full tune up, cap rotor plugs wires and filters. any suggestions for the best brand or place to get everything.

im lookin to get the best mileage out of this thing as i can so even some minor mods that would help

thanks

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yank out the anemic V6 and drop in a junkyard 360.

All kidding aside, the V6s really don't get that much better mileage than the V8s. Doing cap, rotor, plugs, wires will definitely help though. You might also replace the pre-cat O2 sensor as it is likely ancient. Also look into the plenum issue that is common on all Magnum engineed trucks.

OP
OP
D

Dodgefreek89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks dodge dude thats what i figured but i thought i would ask everyone just to make surr

and its not smooking or anything so il worry bout that plenum gasket when it starts to act up haha

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Just because it's not smoking doesn't mean it's not leaking. lol