Value minded catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Enough of the bickering. Having arguments over catch cans working or not working, which one is better, which ones is cheaper is getting old. If one person wants to get one and it makes them feel better so be it. If another doesn't see the need for one... Good for them.

13Ram1500EXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you waited this long, wait another few weeks until BT has their 40% off sale. That's why I waited. I really didn't want to spend $120+ on this mod either. I just missed the sale last year, because I just bought my truck, and had other "needs".

Any one know when BT will have that 40% off sale?? I'm looking to order their can too.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Any one know when BT will have that 40% off sale?? I'm looking to order their can too.

But do you really need a catch can in the first place? What good does it do?

Kidding, kidding!!!! Yesterday I learned not only how a catch can helps the engine, but also that catch cans start internet whizzing contests too.

OP
OP
DanielSix26

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Enough of the bickering. Having arguments over catch cans working or not working, which one is better, which ones is cheaper is getting old. If one person wants to get one and it makes them feel better so be it. If another doesn't see the need for one... Good for them.

I'm fairly new here and in my defense as the OP, I had no idea catch cans were such a hot topic :)

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm fairly new here and in my defense as the OP, I had no idea catch cans were such a hot topic :)
I am new as well,
just glad I bought one and installed it without kicking the beehive, so to speak. :hidesbehindsofa:

Apparently, since my truck does not go to carshows, I was silly to buy the BT Can.

I don't consider that I spent $120.00 for the Can.
I spent a $120.00 to save me the time and effort of building or modifying one.

However,
I am still waiting for pictures of your install and your review :)

and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think the Can you bought will work fine.
I just dig pictures of mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanielSix26

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am new as well,
just glad I bought one and installed it without kicking the beehive, so to speak. :hidesbehindsofa:

Apparently, since my truck does not go to carshows, I was silly to buy the BT Can.

However,

and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think the Can you bought will work fine.

I don't think anyone who bought a BT can is silly. They are very nice products, no modifications required and apparently they work. If my experiment fails, I will be buying a BT.

I had a stomach virus yesterday night and I'm mending now. Hopefully if these crackers stay down I can install my beehive kicking catch can today ;)

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't think anyone who bought a BT can is silly. They are very nice products, no modifications required and apparently they work. If my experiment fails, I will be buying a BT.

I had a stomach virus yesterday night and I'm mending now. Hopefully if these crackers stay down I can install my beehive kicking catch can today ;)
You are not the one that made the comment about silly.
I am sure there are people that think it is silly to pay someone to change the oil and oil filter, but I do that as well.
I work a lot of hours and my free time is worth a lot to me. :)

Hope you get to feeling better.

I do like the look of the square Can you bought.
Black with the brass fittings is a nice contrast as well.

I may be about the only one that looks under the hood of my truck, but I like it to look nice under there.

Last edited:

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I may be about the only one that looks under the hood of my truck, but I like it to look nice under there.

That is said as well as anyone can say it. And that's why when I get my CC's, they'll be the fancier ones. I couldn't have said it better myself. You get a catch can for the sake of the engine; you get the BT for the sake of the driver. Not a dang thing wrong with that. Or the cheap way, or skipping one altogether, or painting your engine bay pink, heck drive what ya dig. Just take care of it.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are not the one that made the comment about silly.
I am sure there are people that think it is silly to pay someone to change the oil and oil filter, but I do that as well.
I work a lot of hours and my free time is worth a lot to me. :)

Hope you get to feeling better.

I do like the look of the square Can you bought.
Black with the brass fittings is a nice contrast as well.

I'm with ya on the 'my free time is valuable to me', Johnny. Furthermore, I was unsure how good the filter media would be on something home made, and connectors & fittings are pricey up here. Sometimes its just easier to bolt something on.
I could care less how mine looks; I have red hose going to/from the CC now. Whatever.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I am new as well,

However,

you guys are good from what i see lol

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Looking good sir!

If anyone else wants to debate/discuss the merits/function-ability of catch cans, then by all means please go for it. Other than that, please keep posts polite, helpful, and courteous.

Final warning, before thread is closed.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking good sir!

If anyone else wants to debate/discuss the merits/function-ability of catch cans, then by all means please go for it. Other than that, please keep posts polite, helpful, and courteous.

Final warning, before thread is closed.

Haha I was kinda hoping that some admin would close it, honestly.