Vararam intake and snowy climates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramstein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever experienced snow or water buildup on their vararams.

I'm wondering if this is just a fluke occurrence or if anyone else has had an issue with it? I live in Pennsylvania and wouldn't want to have to switch it out every winter. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
That's pretty much what you can expect if you keep it on all winter and you deal with snow. Many people still run them all winter since you don't deal with snow storms all winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We just had the most snow in recorded history here in Detroit, mine never showed any snow on it all winter. I never one time avoided the roads when it was snowing either.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
There's a difference between snow fall and snow storms, guess that's something to mention. We regularly have wind storms that blow all our snow in the next province and snow will find any place possible to hide so it doesn't end up there, kinda a lot like people! Out here if you leave a window cracked then you will have a foot of snow in the cab from the wind sifting it in (ask how I know :(), same thing happens when driving through the storms.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There's a difference between snow fall and snow storms, guess that's something to mention. We regularly have wind storms that blow all our snow in the next province and snow will find any place possible to hide so it doesn't end up there, kinda a lot like people! Out here if you leave a window cracked then you will have a foot of snow in the cab from the wind sifting it in (ask how I know :(), same thing happens when driving through the storms.

That is very true. We don't have as much wind as you do but we still had quite a few storms. Our record for one storm this winter was 18.4". I had to drive to work that night and I did check it then and it still showed nothing which surprised me because I had heard there were problems with snow build up.

0321devildog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get some snow here in NE TENN. but nothing major. I've never had any snow or water in mine.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just switch mine out in the winter, when it's regularly snowing or snowy. The way I see it, if you're worried about snow getting in there, chances are conditions aren't good to use that extra power anyway.

mel5151

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like maybe a mesh grille could help alleviate some of that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD