Vararam Snow Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone found a rain sock that fits on a Vararam or found a way to stop snow from getting into the intake. I just drove through lake effect snow and the back of the intake was packed full of snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that Hemi385 was going to try to test a couple of different things---not positive about this, but someone has talked about it if it isn't him. I know that some people just go back to the stock CAI during the winter if they have a lot of snow.
Jay

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Has anyone found a rain sock that fits on a Vararam or found a way to stop snow from getting into the intake. I just drove through lake effect snow and the back of the intake was packed full of snow

Do you buy chance have the dimensions of the filter used for vararam??

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would start by calling the big Cai manufactures and see if any of them make customer bag sizes.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As stated, I would play it safe and go back to stock for the winter.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think that Hemi385 was going to try to test a couple of different things---not positive about this, but someone has talked about it if it isn't him. I know that some people just go back to the stock CAI during the winter if they have a lot of snow.
Jay

I had brought up custom pre-filters in the other thread. Being in South Texas I haven't needed one, but I might eventually get one to keep the bigger stuff out... like butterflies, small birds, etc.

https://www.outerwears.com/page.asp?region=18

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Firefighter14

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had brought up custom pre-filters in the other thread. Being in South Texas I haven't needed one, but I might eventually get one to keep the bigger stuff out... like butterflies, small birds, etc.

https://www.outerwears.com/page.asp?region=18

Thanks. I’m going to contact this company and see if they can make one if so I’m going to order 2 and I’m also going to order a second air filter for one I clean this one

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The filters are single source from Vararam and they run about $90 plus shipping. I just looked around and bought one from someone on the forum that had an extra they wanted to get rid of--way cheaper.
Jay

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The filters are single source from Vararam and they run about $90 plus shipping. I just looked around and bought one from someone on the forum that had an extra they wanted to get rid of--way cheaper.
Jay

Yup I think the only way to get one elsewhere would be custom order and that would probably be more than $90. I was trying to find a dry flow like the AFE, but came up empty on off the shelf filters that would fit.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is suppose to be a K&N somewhere with similar dimensions, but I don't think it's much cheaper and I don't have the part number--sorry
Jay

OP
OP
Firefighter14

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Jake....I think we have what you need. Custom built Outerwears to fit 19 1/4 inches long x 15 1/2 inches wide x 3" tall, water repellent, no top (meaning elastic on both ends) fits Vararam Air Grabber.
Price is
25.45 for the Outerwears
15.00 custom build fee
5.00 shipping through the post office
Total order would be $45.45
Give us a call at 800-967-3450 and ask a sales rep for part number 100-3938 (we offer black, blue, red, yellow, orange, purple, and lime green,)

Ya know here’s the pre filter part #

OP
OP
Firefighter14

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered one I’ll let you know how it is when it gets here

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Thanks. I’m going to contact this company and see if they can make one if so I’m going to order 2 and I’m also going to order a second air filter for one I clean this one

Has anyone verified that this fits and works? I'm want to get a vararam, not for performance but so I can clear up that air box space to do a dual battery setup. So, putting the stock airbox back on during the winter will not be a viable option.
I live in western washington so we definitely get snow, sometimes to an extreme. It would be great to know if these prefilters actually keep water from melted snow out. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Firefighter14

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone verified that this fits and works? I'm want to get a vararam, not for performance but so I can clear up that air box space to do a dual battery setup. So, putting the stock airbox back on during the winter will not be a viable option.
I live in western washington so we definitely get snow, sometimes to an extreme. It would be great to know if these prefilters actually keep water from melted snow out. Thanks in advance.

Check out my other thread on this

Vararam Pre Filter
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...e-Filter.135729/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Moose Knuckle 34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi wit Footprint gas pedel
There's a post where someone from vararam industries replied on here about the same issue and said the way it's designed it will not let any rain or melted snow get inside and harm the engine.