Want to install subwoofer amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xx-_-xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan on adding subwoofers to my truck and need to install an amplifier. I have the factory 8.4 with 6 speakers, so afaik there is no factory amplifier. Does the factory head unit have a bass cutout? Can I just use line level with an amplifier that supports it? Where should I tap into the speaker wires?

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what “bass cutout” is but the factory head unit does have bass roll off. To do this properly you will need a dsp to fix bass roll off and correct other signals. Many options available, I like the kicker key 500.1 and the audicontrol 1.800. You can either tap the rear speakers at the B pillar or buy a harness for the back of the deck and run rca from there to amp. You really need to upgrade the other speakers and amp them as well or your truck will be overly bass heavy and sound like chit.

OP
OP
X

xx-_-xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! Yeah I figured I'd probably need a dsp. Do you know what volume level the bass starts to roll off at, or is it dynamic?

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
im dealing with the same thing. if you buy a PAC ANC-CH01 harness ( which bypass' the ANC under your drivers seat) it allows for a nice place to tap into your speakers to pull a signal for an LOC so you can get an RCA input to add and amplifier. this way you wont cut any stock wires.

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
I added a alpine k-450 power pack and a kicker Hideaway, and replaced all the speakers with kicker CS Speakers. Sounds great. Your not going to be heard a block away, but if you want good loud sound, that's what I did and it didn't break the bank.