Warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone. I just purchased my first truck less than two weeks ago. It is a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie. First, I’ve been roaming around this and other sites for over a year now trying to decide what I should get. Thanks to the open and honest feedback and suggestions from all of you, I decided on a Ram. I’m absolutely thrilled with my decision. The truck kicks ass! I purchased it used with just under 12k on the odometer. My question is about purchasing an extended warranty, or if you prefer, service contract. I found the Maxcare 6yr / 125k on the Chrysler Warranty Direct site for $2430 total. It shows it as a Mopar Warranty. On the Mopar website, the exact same plan for my truck is listed for around $3700. Is there any reasoning for the difference in $ if they are the exact same plan? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would look at the life time warranty by Chrysler. Shop around the net. Someone will post Clay's info, he is known to have the best price. They sell cheaper because they can.

OP
OP
Coramie

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately I don’t think I qualify for the lifetime warranty bc I am not the original owner, nor did I buy it from a Dodge dealership.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrysler Warranty Direct does seem to have some pretty good prices and if you're poor like me they have 18 months no interest financing and yes they do sell a genuine Mopar Maxcare warranty. If I were you I would contact them directly and see if they will sell you the lifetime warranty. I'm pretty sure that they will since I sold my previous Ram to a buddy and it was two years old and had 23K miles on it at the time and I could swear that he contacted the same people and they offered to sell it to him without any problems.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Unfortunately I don’t think I qualify for the lifetime warranty bc I am not the original owner, nor did I buy it from a Dodge dealership.

You can certainly get the lifetime. I was not the original purchaser of my Durango, nor did I buy it from a Dodge dealer. I did have a Dodge dealer go thru it prior to the purchase of the warranty to validate it. Was a 75$ inspection. Search for Clay at Zeller Motors for his number, email is [email protected], you cannot beat his prices.

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don’t have to be original owner for the lifetime service plan. I purchased a Mopar lifetime plan through http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/#cp1_gridRelated and I'm the second owner (and purchased my RAM at a Chevy Dealership). As long as the vehicle is within 48 months and 48K miles of original in service date, you should be good. Coupon code "payinfull" (no quotations) gets you $365 off, if you pay up front. I received my digital plan documents and my Mopar app all updated showing the plan within about 30 minutes.

If I calculated right, you can get the lifetime coverage for about $450 more than the current plan you're looking at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coramie

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well damn, I’m sure glad I reached out on here. Thanks for all the suggestions and experiences. I’ll definitely be making some calls tomorrow and will hopefully end up with a lifetime warranty!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Unless you have a canadiCa truck you quilify for the lifetime warranty. You also currently have the remainder of the standard warranty.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

I was thinking the same thing here (I bought mine used from a Subaru dealership), so I went with a service contract from my credit union.