Warranty Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking to get the unlocked PCM and a Diablosport tuner for my 2017 Ram 1500. I am also planning some type of exhaust maybe headers back. Will switching the PCM void warranty if I have a separate one for when I take it into the dealer? Also will the headers cause any warranty issues?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That is a question only answered in court, it certainly can give them ammo against potential warranty work, whether they pay for that or not might be up to a judge. Maybe your dealer will still give warranty work, maybe not, that is the price you pay for for a tuner.

read what super chips says on it.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I learned years ago if I can't afford the worst case failure out of pocket don't modify that system. Fca has better lawyers than us.

With a broad scope the electrical systems all communicate together and it wouldn't be surprising to find there is a sort of checksum performed to tattle if you modify one of the system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Personal story: there is a 3500 in my shop that the owner put a PCM in and the transmission went up. his car would have been covered under warranty, but chrysler denied the claim. $7,000 later he's getting a new transmission in his truck.