Weather tech, dissapointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had both and would have to agree the husky liners are better then weather techs. I'm not a fan of the hard material weather tech uses.

I have the husky Xact contour which are their rubber mats and couldn't be more happy. It covers the floor perfectly.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I bought the RAM/Mopar ones last week. The truck was only two days old and minus zero temperatures up here on the east coast.
They fit perfect right away with no issues.
Very grateful as we got over a foot of snow the next day. They got trashed with all the salt, but saved the carpet.

That's my experience with the Mopar liners as well. They fit and lay perfectly, are nice and pliable, don't feel like slippery hard plastic (Husky). I have no complaints. My factory carpet mats are still in the plastic bags. lol

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I have husky in my truck they fit perfect but the wife has weather tech in her car they have pulled away from the corners and are allowing all kinds of **** to get in and under the covers (not good for the carpet) mine are 7 years old and hers are only 3 years old so weather techs don't last anywhere near as long as husky.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My dealer put the Ram style front and rear in my pick up, I love them. Never knew I was getting them until I went to pick up my truck up...they were in the truck. They said they put them in every new truck they sell. Nice surprise since the deal was already done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it’s cold, they’ll need a few days to mold out of the box. I went with the husky liners weather beaters for my new truck. They are awesome. And cheaper than weather techs.

Grady58

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport
Engine
Hemi
I assume being winter it is pretty cold there? With being jammed in a box with the other matts for a while it has formed a kink per say and with it cold it won't ever lay flat.

I would try to relax the kink with a heat gun. I got my Husky x-act contour liners last year in the winter and had a similar problem where it just won't settle in the correct shape. These are more rubber feel than the weathertechs but I used the heat gun and carefully heated it and got the part to lay how i wanted.
Try maxliner floor mats work great in my wife's Durango and a lot cheaper.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
No issues with my weather techs. Going on 4 years old and now in my 2nd Truck.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pictures, OP?

I have the Weathertech floormats and my only gripe was being that I have them installed in a Ram Limited, they cover up part of the fancy metal RAM thresholds on the front mats. Other than that, they fit perfectly. The rear mat is fine. 787502ddc041324468ede4523e7a5cdb.jpg
770c972a7665313c7cc84f2be50fde51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it was filthy when I took the pic (sloppy winter with 2 kids), but the 3 year old weathertech rear liner is folding in my wifes 13 accord. We'll see if the huskys in my truck hold up better.

This is unacceptable for the cost of these mats IMO.

Screenshot_20170118-201250.png

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just got my Husky Weatherbeaters for our Laramie Crew Cab. Great fit! I did have to do a slight trim job on the back seat to fit, but it was specified in the instructions. Great product. Amazon had the complete set for $60 less than Husky's website!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No snow or slush in socal so pep boys ram mats in my bighorn...49.95...lol

Screenshot_20180123-144239.jpg

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Yes it was filthy when I took the pic (sloppy winter with 2 kids), but the 3 year old weathertech rear liner is folding in my wifes 13 accord. We'll see if the huskys in my truck hold up better.

This is unacceptable for the cost of these mats IMO.

View attachment 118638

A heat gun and 2 min and that would fit right back. Can’t say the product is bad when someone catches the plastic and puts weight on it thus deforming it. A softer material prob wouldn’t allow this as much but wouldn’t hold its shape as well. Goin on 4 years with my weathertechs and that’s never happened. My neighbors ram looks worse than yours but it’s bc he doesn’t give a **** and is constantly messing them up.

Elvis105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to always buy weather techs for my vehicles, but switched to husky liners a few years ago. Better fit IMO and they make two kinds now, hard ones like weather tech (Husky Weatherbeaters) and a more pliable softer rubber X-act contour ones that still catch and direct any liquid to the door sill.

Cody mayo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ordered weather tech floor covers front and rear for my New Ram. What a disappointment, front drivers side does not lay flat along door sill. has about an inch gap. rear does not fit correctly over center hump. I'll be calling today, to see what they plan to do?

You wanting to sell the rear?

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A heat gun and 2 min and that would fit right back. Can’t say the product is bad when someone catches the plastic and puts weight on it thus deforming it. A softer material prob wouldn’t allow this as much but wouldn’t hold its shape as well. Goin on 4 years with my weathertechs and that’s never happened. My neighbors ram looks worse than yours but it’s bc he doesn’t give a **** and is constantly messing them up.

Its not from someone "catching it and putting weight on it". Thats the side my infant son is on. He doesn't climb in. Just because it hasn't happened on yours doesnt mean it cant happen. In my experience, the huskys are a better product. Do you own both to compare?

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
husky far better than weathertechs IMO

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just got my Husky Weatherbeaters for our Laramie Crew Cab. Great fit! I did have to do a slight trim job on the back seat to fit, but it was specified in the instructions. Great product. Amazon had the complete set for $60 less than Husky's website!

what did you have to trim? i have a crew cab and got the husky liner rear, didnt have to trim anything, no instructions provided either

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Its not from someone "catching it and putting weight on it". Thats the side my infant son is on. He doesn't climb in. Just because it hasn't happened on yours doesnt mean it cant happen. In my experience, the huskys are a better product. Do you own both to compare?
Nope. But I’ve seen my neighbors 3500 look just like the ones in the pic here. It’s because he didn’t take the time to install them right (they weren’t even in the floor hooks bc he’s an idiot) and they stuck up high. His boots catch it all the time and also the landscapers do the same as they get in and out of the truck. Abet his are worst than pictured but it’s the same thing. A heat gun and a few min would fix it vs just saying the weathertechs are junk. Mine are going on 4 years old and I have no issues with mine. I thought about getting the huskys for ***** and giggles in the brown color as I thought it would match my new interior but it’s not that close so why spend the money when my weathertechs are fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007