What alarm to use (I have OEM autostart)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Alarms are useless, they just make noise that no one pays attention to. Your factory is plenty, if someone breaks the window and opens the door it automatically disables the vehicle.

what about the stuff inside the vehicle? im more concerned with the stuff inside then somebody taking the truck. alarms do work. just depends on what your expectations are.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
So when they open the door and factory security system start honking the loud ass horn and flashing all the lights it's not good enough?

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So when they open the door and factory security system start honking the loud ass horn and flashing all the lights it's not good enough?

factory system only arms if you hit the lock button, so if you forget your screwed. aftermarket arms itself. like i said all depends on what your expectations are.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
factory system only arms if you hit the lock button, so if you forget your screwed. aftermarket arms itself. like i said all depends on what your expectations are.
I guess nobody makes habits of locking doors anymore.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So does your aftermarket, unless you choose passive arming... which only leads to keys being locked in the car. Every single person I have done passive arming comes back to get turned off... though the newer Rams have passive arming... so this would never be a problem.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I guess nobody makes habits of locking doors anymore.

**** happens? better safe then sorry? $200 for piece of mind is worth it to me. if you dont like them thats fine, but why sit and and bash something rather then help they guy asking the question, since your opinion is of no help to him.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So does your aftermarket, unless you choose passive arming... which only leads to keys being locked in the car. Every single person I have done passive arming comes back to get turned off... though the newer Rams have passive arming... so this would never be a problem.

you can have the alarm arm itself without hitting the lock button. your doors wont lock but the alarm will be active. prevents locking the keys in the car but still gives you a siren in the event that you did forget to hit the lock button.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can have the alarm arm itself without hitting the lock button. your doors wont lock but the alarm will be active. prevents locking the keys in the car but still gives you a siren in the event that you did forget to hit the lock button.

Not all alarms offer this feature. Nor does it help if you leave something a thief can quickly grab.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not all alarms offer this feature. Nor does it help if you leave something a thief can quickly grab.

i know DEI and audiovox do, aside from that i couldnt tell you.

its obvious you feel alarms are a waste. as with any mod, its a matter of preference.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i know DEI and audiovox do, aside from that i couldnt tell you.

its obvious you feel alarms are a waste. as with any mod, its a matter of preference.

Not quite. Basic alarms on a vehicle with a factory alarm and factory passive arming is a waste. Adding on sensors, smartstart/drone or other auxiallry sources is where it wouldn't be a waste. A vehicle with no alarm, no power locks, ect. even a basic alarm can be beneficial.

Last edited:

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 5806, and a DBALL2, smart start 300 or 350 if you want to integrate your phone. Make sure you get a hood pin. Go talk to a local best buy they can get you hooked up life time warranty on labor guaranteed install.. The Smart Start 300 will let you do status updates to see if the truck is locked, doors open or closed, or ign on, also lets you lock/unlock start. The 350 has built in GPS so you can track where the truck is. tells you if its speeding, you can set areas you don't want it to go to or leave. so if it enters or exits it will alert you.

Aftermarket alarms will have door pin monitoring and a Shock sensor with a siren.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
most shops big box or not give lifetime warranties on alarms and labor.

compustar and drone is another to look at.

like i stated before every installer will tell you one brand or another because that is what they feel the most comfortable installing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88