What are you paying for your 2015 Ram's ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 CC 4x4 Longhorn Offroad
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I paid 11K under sticker for my 2015 2500 tradesman 4x4

The sticker price on my 2015 tradesman was $44,000. I paid $33,000 including freight. $37,000 out the door including all TTL and a Rhino sprayed in bedliner. I just bought it in April of this year

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
2015 CC 5'7 bed, hemi, anti spin, 8.4, front and rear sensors,already had rubber mats and tinted windows, sticker was $43,600...walked out the door for $33k

Polecat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 Outdoorsman purchased last week. Sticker was $46k and got it for under $36k.

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
On Monday I purchased a 2015 RAM 1500 Limited CC, 5.7, 4x4, Max Steel
MSRP- $54,655
Sale Price- $44,829 + TTL

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 105

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Msrp was $43900, sale price $36600. Probably could have done better in other parts of the country if i was not rushing. I got it about $300 below what New Car quoted for the area.

Figure i have to get a wild hair to buy a new truck a week be Ram gets kicked in the nuts with the buy back saftey issue.

They potentially could go under or to say the least consumer confidence will go down and the resale value if our trucks will go with it.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Whats new car? U mean true car? If u do, it's a scam set up by dealers. I got my truck for $4k less than true car quoted for my area.

Msrp was $43900, sale price $36600. Probably could have done better in other parts of the country if i was not rushing. I got it about $300 below what New Car quoted for the area.

Figure i have to get a wild hair to buy a new truck a week be Ram gets kicked in the nuts with the buy back saftey issue.

They potentially could go under or to say the least consumer confidence will go down and the resale value if our trucks will go with it.

linkbeat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, how are some of you able to get the price so low?

Did a dealer locate on a 2015 4x4 Express Crew Cab 5.7' box, 5.7L Hemi, 3.92, anti-slip diff, trailer hitch plus brake controller, mopar bedliner, MSRP $42,375 picked up for $35k using the fleet discount plus incentives, more negotiating and 0% financing. It was like pulling teeth to get this price too. I've never worked so hard at negotiating a better price.

wingnutks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Did a dealer locate on a 2015 4x4 Express Crew Cab 5.7' box, 5.7L Hemi, 3.92, anti-slip diff, trailer hitch plus brake controller, mopar bedliner, MSRP $42,375 picked up for $35k using the fleet discount plus incentives, more negotiating and 0% financing. It was like pulling teeth to get this price too. I've never worked so hard at negotiating a better price.

I can only imagine that some people are wrong or straight up lying. There are numerous people in here claiming they got trucks for like 5-8% UNDER invoice, plus every single incentive known to man. Basically 22-25% off MSRP. I got about $9k off a $48k truck... and that was about $1,400 under invoice plus $4,500 in incentives.

Basically everyone in here got all the hold back taken off, and they all graduated college, while being enlisted in the military, and drove in their leased RAM product, insured by GEICO. lol

MDMike723

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My '15 quad cab big horn stickered at $43.5k. Invoice was high $38k. I paid $39,200 before tax tags and lifetime warranty

OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can only imagine that some people are wrong or straight up lying. There are numerous people in here claiming they got trucks for like 5-8% UNDER invoice, plus every single incentive known to man. Basically 22-25% off MSRP. I got about $9k off a $48k truck... and that was about $1,400 under invoice plus $4,500 in incentives.

Basically everyone in here got all the hold back taken off, and they all graduated college, while being enlisted in the military, and drove in their leased RAM product, insured by GEICO. lol

before making claims that everybody is lying and everybody qualified for every rebate under the sun, you should probably take a step back and take a look at each persons situation ( whcih i know we really cant do on a truck forum ).

Its quite simple and I do agree that SOME may be exaggerating a little, but like some have said, there are very good deals to be had, and depending on the circusmtances, an absolutely incredible deal may have been obtained as well.,.

1) I know for a fact that some salesman and their sales "mangers" will apply rebates to lower the price of the truck, even if the buyer doesnt qualify for all of them.

2) As the price of the truck goes up, so will the wiggle room on the amount of money they are willing to come off the sticker price

3) Its all about timing and negatiating......end of story. Know your numbers and what you want. If not, walk........ Car salesman and dealerships are in business to make money, they know how to screw many buyers over ( impulse buyers, uneducated buyers and so on ) and they will get the most they can out of your wallet when it comes to buying a vehicle. If you dont have it in the back of your head exactly what terms you are looking for ( loan length, your interest rate based on your credit and how much money you expect off the sticker based on YOUR research and so on ) than you walk out of the dealership!! 18-21% off msrp seems to be a very good rule of thumb for these trucks. Remember, its all a numbers game. There are some limitations based on the areas that you live, some buyers may be able to a little better and some may do a little worse.

For the record, i got $10,500 off my 2015 Ram Sport CC 6'5 bed ( sticker $52.9k ). I also got full blue book trade in value for my 2010 Silverado. Now, if the dealer had given me $11k off my sticker and $500 less on my trade, i'd have been happy.....but as you see its a numbers game. I felt that in MY area ( Long Island NY....one of the highest cost of living areas in the country ), that i was not going to get the best deal in the world ( i was not going to get $11-12k off sticker ), but it didnt stop me from trying. Based on everything I read on this forum for 2-3 months of research, I wanted $10k off the sticker ( for trucks that were around $50k so ) and the best I could get for my trade in. One dealer had be at $2k under blue book for my trade and wouldnt budge. They also had me at $8.5k off sticker and also wouldnt budge. The dealership that i purchased from started off and left me at $9k off sticker and $21k for my trade in. It wasnt good enough for me, so i left. They eventually cracked on the second to last day of the month when i went back in and asked the sales manager "if he wanted to sell that $53k truck out there". I also told the salesman that i was working with that i was done with him and to find me somebody else ( long story, but it worked ). I eventually got them to the $10.5k off sticker and bumped up my trade to $22k. I also had the class IV trailer hitch ($400 option that somehow wasn't ordered on truck when it came out of the factory ) thrown in to seal the deal. I personally think i did well for my area. Did i get the greatest deal under the sun, no, but it was up there.

OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I assume the $35k is before tax? If so you got about 17% off sticker, you did well. Maybe could have gotten a little more if you played hard balll and went in on the last say of the month, maybe not. If you paid $35K with tax, you got something like 21% off sticker which is very good.

Of course then comes the games played if you had a trade in. If so, did they give you way under blue book, close to blue book? Its all a numbers game.

wingnutks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
before making claims that everybody is lying and everybody qualified for every rebate under the sun, you should probably take a step back and take a look at each persons situation ( whcih i know we really cant do on a truck forum ).

Its quite simple and I do agree that SOME may be exaggerating a little, but like some have said, there are very good deals to be had, and depending on the circusmtances, an absolutely incredible deal may have been obtained as well.,.

1) I know for a fact that some salesman and their sales "mangers" will apply rebates to lower the price of the truck, even if the buyer doesnt qualify for all of them.

2) As the price of the truck goes up, so will the wiggle room on the amount of money they are willing to come off the sticker price

3) Its all about timing and negatiating......end of story. Know your numbers and what you want. If not, walk........ Car salesman and dealerships are in business to make money, they know how to screw many buyers over ( impulse buyers, uneducated buyers and so on ) and they will get the most they can out of your wallet when it comes to buying a vehicle. If you dont have it in the back of your head exactly what terms you are looking for ( loan length, your interest rate based on your credit and how much money you expect off the sticker based on YOUR research and so on ) than you walk out of the dealership!! 18-21% off msrp seems to be a very good rule of thumb for these trucks. Remember, its all a numbers game. There are some limitations based on the areas that you live, some buyers may be able to a little better and some may do a little worse.

For the record, i got $10,500 off my 2015 Ram Sport CC 6'5 bed ( sticker $52.9k ). I also got full blue book trade in value for my 2010 Silverado. Now, if the dealer had given me $11k off my sticker and $500 less on my trade, i'd have been happy.....but as you see its a numbers game. I felt that in MY area ( Long Island NY....one of the highest cost of living areas in the country ), that i was not going to get the best deal in the world ( i was not going to get $11-12k off sticker ), but it didnt stop me from trying. Based on everything I read on this forum for 2-3 months of research, I wanted $10k off the sticker ( for trucks that were around $50k so ) and the best I could get for my trade in. One dealer had be at $2k under blue book for my trade and wouldnt budge. They also had me at $8.5k off sticker and also wouldnt budge. The dealership that i purchased from started off and left me at $9k off sticker and $21k for my trade in. It wasnt good enough for me, so i left. They eventually cracked on the second to last day of the month when i went back in and asked the sales manager "if he wanted to sell that $53k truck out there". I also told the salesman that i was working with that i was done with him and to find me somebody else ( long story, but it worked ). I eventually got them to the $10.5k off sticker and bumped up my trade to $22k. I also had the class IV trailer hitch ($400 option that somehow wasn't ordered on truck when it came out of the factory ) thrown in to seal the deal. I personally think i did well for my area. Did i get the greatest deal under the sun, no, but it was up there.

I get all of what you are saying. I did my research before buying as well, as I am sure most have on here has well. I am very surprised at how many people are getting these trucks for almost 25% off. I bought the last day of the month/quarter and I was able to get almost the entire hold back taken off the truck and with $4500 in incentives was still no where near 25% off.

I am in LI as well. I bought my truck from Browns. Where did you go? I think you got a pretty smoking deal.

OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get all of what you are saying. I did my research before buying as well, as I am sure most have on here has well. I am very surprised at how many people are getting these trucks for almost 25% off. I bought the last day of the month/quarter and I was able to get almost the entire hold back taken off the truck and with $4500 in incentives was still no where near 25% off.

I am in LI as well. I bought my truck from Browns. Where did you go? I think you got a pretty smoking deal.

Hey neighbor !!! I went to smithaven dodge. I also used riverhead dodge ( since i live out that way ) as a litmus test and they couldnt get anywhere close to my final numbers. Maybe i did do better than some on LI.

I too read about many guys getting awesome deals.....however, i never put it in terms of percentage off sticker at the time. It seemed that a good deal shaped up like this.....a sticker near $40K got you around $7-8k off. $45k stickers got you around $8-9k off. $50K closer to $10k off and $55k stickers got you $11-12K off. I am just generalizing here, but it seemed to be a good rule of thumb. Now, if you turn those numbers into percentages, they seem to be near the 18-20% mark. I guess some dealerships around the country can sell them for less and still keep the doors open ( the 22-25% off the you are referencing ), but not so much here on LI as you know. Maybe i lucked out and got just about 20% off my sticker, but at the time i felt like i did good, but not great. Maybe it was a great deal for our area.....

I did get the sales manager to tell me that they needed to sell 14 more cars in the next 48 hours to meet their quota, so i felt like they tipped their hand to me......maybe i was one of the lucky ones and had them against a wall. If they had hit their quota the day before, i probably would never have gotten my deal. Maybe browns already had their quoata in and were not willing to go any lower for your truck. I guess its a crap shoot sometimes.

just curious, you say you got down to invoice plus holdback and then rebates? What was your sticker? Are yo udoing th emath correct? maybe you did better than you think. Your deal sounds good based on your numbers above.....

Last edited:

wingnutks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey neighbor !!! I went to smithaven dodge. I also used riverhead dodge ( since i live out that way ) as a litmus test and they couldnt get anywhere close to my final numbers. Maybe i did do better than some on LI.

I too read about many guys getting awesome deals.....however, i never put it in terms of percentage off sticker at the time. It seemed that a good deal shaped up like this.....a sticker near $40K got you around $7-8k off. $45k stickers got you around $8-9k off. $50K closer to $10k off and $55k stickers got you $11-12K off. I am just generalizing here, but it seemed to be a good rule of thumb. Now, if you turn those numbers into percentages, they seem to be near the 18-20% mark. I guess some dealerships around the country can sell them for less and still keep the doors open ( the 22-25% off the you are referencing ), but not so much here on LI as you know. Maybe i lucked out and got just about 20% off my sticker, but at the time i felt like i did good, but not great. Maybe it was a great deal for our area.....

I did get the sales manager to tell me that they needed to sell 14 more cars in the next 48 hours to meet their quota, so i felt like they tipped their hand to me......maybe i was one of the lucky ones and had them against a wall. If they had hit their quota the day before, i probably would never have gotten my deal. Maybe browns already had their quoata in and were not willing to go any lower for your truck. I guess its a crap shoot sometimes.

just curious, you say you got down to invoice plus holdback and then rebates? What was your sticker? Are yo udoing th emath correct? maybe you did better than you think. Your deal sounds good based on your numbers above.....

Sticker was $47.8k, I paid $39.2k. I got almost exactly $5000 off sticker. Invoice for my truck was ~$44.5. Holdback is around $1.5k. I got the truck for $43.2k minus $4k incentives (with 0%).

Only way I was going to get the truck for cheaper is if they sold it under hold back, or I qualified for more incentives. I qualified for pretty much every single "big" incentive, except if they had one for people leasing a competitor vehicle or something like that.

I was super close to buying a 2500 from smithhaven, but they gave me every stereotypical runaround in the book. The last straw for me was when I finally got them to the price/trade in I wanted, they came back and said "just so you know, because this is a commercial vehicle, you are going to have to take out a commercial loan... which are usually a few points higher on the rate". LOL, I walked out after that. Just because NY State requires it to be a commercial vehicle because it weights over 5,500lbs does not mean I need to get a commercial loan lol. I only really shopped at Browns and Smithhaven. I bought my 06 used from Riverhead, they are a great dealer, but they are a bit too small to compete on price.

OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sticker was $47.8k, I paid $39.2k. I got almost exactly $5000 off sticker. Invoice for my truck was ~$44.5. Holdback is around $1.5k. I got the truck for $43.2k minus $4k incentives (with 0%).

Only way I was going to get the truck for cheaper is if they sold it under hold back, or I qualified for more incentives. I qualified for pretty much every single "big" incentive, except if they had one for people leasing a competitor vehicle or something like that.

I was super close to buying a 2500 from smithhaven, but they gave me every stereotypical runaround in the book. The last straw for me was when I finally got them to the price/trade in I wanted, they came back and said "just so you know, because this is a commercial vehicle, you are going to have to take out a commercial loan... which are usually a few points higher on the rate". LOL, I walked out after that. Just because NY State requires it to be a commercial vehicle because it weights over 5,500lbs does not mean I need to get a commercial loan lol. I only really shopped at Browns and Smithhaven. I bought my 06 used from Riverhead, they are a great dealer, but they are a bit too small to compete on price.

yea, smithaven tried a few tricks on me too, but they were the only ones who had the exact truck i wanted ( but i didnt want them to know that, lol ), so i just bit my tounge and said no and or fought back......eventually getting the deal i wanted.

Your deal wasnt too bad, you got 18% off sticker. Maybe if you played a little harder you could have save another $500-1000, but to me that would have been the max you would have gotten off. All in all you didnt do that bad.

all dealerships are **** in my opinion, its just comes down to knowing your numbers and deal with their ********. If the ******** is too much, you walk.... unless your deal is so rediculous, they will usually call you back.

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD

I was actually lucky enough to have a volume dealer relatively close by. The dealership I visited in Southern California literally has over 1400 vehicles on the lot (250+ Rams)... They are less interested in selling each vehicle for as much as possible and more interested in just selling as many vehicles as possible. Of course, this just means they're able to purchase the vehicles at a lower cost from the factory. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll try to rip you off or up sell you on anything they possibly can just like any other dealer if you let them.

I purchased my 15 Laramie for $36,000 before taxes (MSRP was $47,600). I bought it in early February when they had some decent incentives as well. It shouldn't be too hard to find deals with $9000-10,000 off, just make sure you research all of the available discounts/rebates (military, student, recent grad, current lessee, etc).

JaviJ01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was actually lucky enough to have a volume dealer relatively close by. The dealership I visited in Southern California literally has over 1400 vehicles on the lot (250+ Rams)... They are less interested in selling each vehicle for as much as possible and more interested in just selling as many vehicles as possible. Of course, this just means they're able to purchase the vehicles at a lower cost from the factory. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll try to rip you off or up sell you on anything they possibly can just like any other dealer if you let them.

I purchased my 15 Laramie for $36,000 before taxes (MSRP was $47,600). I bought it in early February when they had some decent incentives as well. It shouldn't be too hard to find deals with $9000-10,000 off, just make sure you research all of the available discounts/rebates (military, student, recent grad, current lessee, etc).
I'm in Socal as well, would love to know what dealership you went to.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
well mine is an interesting story lol... i had a 2008 ram laramie 1500 and loved it. but over the 2 years i had it i put 5-6k into it in repairs alone... the differential or something related shorted out and it wouldn't start.. took it to my mechanic and he couldn't find it had to have it towed to closest dealer. found out repairs was over 1k... so i said forget it and got a 2014 big horn basic package... missed the bells and whistles a lot and was debating adding everything i wanted myself but some of it would be hard for me to do some easy so i took advantage of the summer clearance event and got a 2015 loaded big horn. dealer was asking 47k and change for it. i got them to drop it to about 41. plus gave me about 1k and change more than what my 14 was worth. got a 84 month @2.99 through my credit union...

total price with the trade in was about 50k.... but i love my truck, its very comfortable and had 7 miles when i drove it off the lot.

Attachments

• IMG_2750.jpg
    IMG_2750.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2697.jpg
    IMG_2697.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 67

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Brand new 2014 QuadCab Express, Hemi, 4x4, no other real features. Sticker was 39,700, they had it advertised for 32. I ended up getting it for 29,300 because the sticker had Chrome Clad 20x9, but the truck was on the lot with the aluminum 20x8s. They said they'd switched them out for a previous purchase and took $1000 off from where we were.

Oh and I bought this 2014 truck in July 2015, so that probably helped the price down a bit. I noticed similarly equipped used 2014's going for 30-32 around the same time.

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm in Socal as well, would love to know what dealership you went to.

JaviJ01, I went to Huntington Beach Dodge on Beach Bl. I don't care what anyone says about the dealership, good or bad, they have a huge inventory and some very low prices on vehicles that have been on the lot the longest.