What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
in case anyone was wondering where the chief post ***** was yesterday, i have moved out of my parents house and i was also out of town all day yesterday. Girlys house has no wi-fi at the moment and cell coverage is spotty. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. :cheers:
you're finally growing up!

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Rear starting grinding slightly again. FML.

But hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was boring.

Just curious, but since I had my gears done the first time, my 4x4 won't engage. Just noticed a few nights ago. Engages in the transfer case, but not to the axles. Maybe he forgot to hook something up?

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Just curious, but since I had my gears done the first time, my 4x4 won't engage. Just noticed a few nights ago. Engages in the transfer case, but not to the axles. Maybe he forgot to hook something up?

Vacuum lines probably aren't hooked up.

You need a new tech man seriously. You paid all that cash and your 4wd doesn't even work? Time for someone else.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
9cd1cef9134614258b65d4700cc08269.jpg

Sorry this isn't my dodge but on the doors there should be a black strip and there isn't on either side. Does anybody know what goes there? Is it tint or hard plastic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Vacuum lines probably aren't hooked up.

You need a new tech man seriously. You paid all that cash and your 4wd doesn't even work? Time for someone else.

I am taking it somewhere else. The shop 2 hours away was responsible for this. Not going back either.

I'm going to run it another week and the guy said if it's still grinding or gets worse, we're taking the cover back off and looking to see if there is metallic in the oil. He said if there is, we're replacing the bearings again. He said the inner races may be going out. I should have just taken it to the local Dodge guy I've always taken it to, to begin with.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
9cd1cef9134614258b65d4700cc08269.jpg

Sorry this isn't my dodge but on the doors there should be a black strip and there isn't on either side. Does anybody know what goes there? Is it tint or hard plastic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be like a decal. I'd paint it though.

DodgeDrew71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Productive weekend:
-New water pump, bypass hose & thermostat.
-New power steering pump, pulley & hoses, plus steering box w/new pitman arm.
-New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Took opportunity to clean the TB as well.
-Cleaned the crap out of the engine bay. Oh and since I have a little ole 3.9, I was able to have a TON of room in there with the fan shroud pulled out. :)

I also unbolted the passenger side upper control arm to lengthen the slot for adjustment and took the truck back to Firestone to reset the camber. Now at -1.0 degree instead of the -2.0 degrees. So a little more work to get it where I want.
Was nice to get this all done. Now need to focus on finishing the 2/4 drop by tackling those hangars--cutting those big rivets out will be fun. But hey, already cut the rivets out of the lower front ball joints, can't be any worse than that, can it? LOL

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Possibly an actuator problem? I'd check vacuum pressure on those lines

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn chilly really sucks to see that your still having problems with your gears!! Hope you get it all figured out soon so you can really start enjoying those new gears!!

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Damn chilly really sucks to see that your still having problems with your gears!! Hope you get it all figured out soon so you can really start enjoying those new gears!!

Me too man! It's taking all of my wheel money! :Jedi:

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
To think, I did gears myself, at 18 years old, never done gears before, and am having less problems than someone who took it to a "professional". Sucks to hear though Phil.. good luck with getting it sorted out.

Productive weekend:
-New water pump, bypass hose & thermostat.
-New power steering pump, pulley & hoses, plus steering box w/new pitman arm.
-New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Took opportunity to clean the TB as well.
-Cleaned the crap out of the engine bay. Oh and since I have a little ole 3.9, I was able to have a TON of room in there with the fan shroud pulled out. :)

I also unbolted the passenger side upper control arm to lengthen the slot for adjustment and took the truck back to Firestone to reset the camber. Now at -1.0 degree instead of the -2.0 degrees. So a little more work to get it where I want.
Was nice to get this all done. Now need to focus on finishing the 2/4 drop by tackling those hangars--cutting those big rivets out will be fun. But hey, already cut the rivets out of the lower front ball joints, can't be any worse than that, can it? LOL

No lying, that's a good bit of work.

Post pics!!

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
To think, I did gears myself, at 18 years old, never done gears before, and am having less problems than someone who took it to a "professional". Sucks to hear though Phil.. good luck with getting it sorted out.

I regeared my front diff at 18

with help from my dad.

DodgeDrew71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No lying, that's a good bit of work.

Post pics!!

Look at all that space to move around in ... of course I am envy of you V8 and V10 guys at times when I want to hit the gas pedal and move along a little faster. LOL

Oh and a pic of me with the free light I got from autozone ... Such a fashion statement! HA HA But man it does help out.

Attachments

• Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 71
  • steering gear.jpg
    steering gear.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 57
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Members online