What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Oh of course! EMS Offroad is the company. I already run their solid axle shaft conversion, don't recommend it without the hub conversion as well if on a daily driver, but i don't drive it much anymore. Doing this to make it more drivable as i think the front end spinning all the time is kind of hard on the tcase lol.

I'll try to remember to make a thread with pictures and stuff for it

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Changed out rear seal in transmission and input shaft seal in transfer case today.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yesterday I fixed a coolant leak that turned out that the factory hose clamp, pinch type, lost it's muster and had to be replaced with a screw type hose clamp.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Yesterday I fixed a coolant leak that turned out that the factory hose clamp, pinch type, lost it's muster and had to be replaced with a screw type hose clamp.

Man I hate when that happens! I usually use two clamps once they start leaking on smaller hoses just to be safe.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Man I hate when that happens! I usually use two clamps once they start leaking on smaller hoses just to be safe.
I was lucky because this was the water outlet.

My next project is putting a new A/C Compressor because Texas summers. 49b16bd4e0cd03c05bd8ff1b520a74ee.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
if you get a compressor on amazon, itll be about $120-$150, recommend just replacing all components, less troiubles and diagnostic that way unless you've already replaced some parts.

The only thing still original on my cummins wrecker is the low side line. The orificice tube an d compressor were my main problems.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
if you get a compressor on amazon, itll be about $120-$150, recommend just replacing all components, less troiubles and diagnostic that way unless you've already replaced some parts.

The only thing still original on my cummins wrecker is the low side line. The orificice tube an d compressor were my main problems.

When you say all components do you mean compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, condenser, and evaporator? Or do you just mean Compressor, accumulator and Orifice Tube?

I know for the orifice tube it's just easier to replace the high side tube with one that already has an orifice tube. This is going to be the biggest PITA though.

So far I've built this list:
Four Seasons 58553 Compressor with Clutch
Four Seasons 33098 Accumulator
Four Seasons 38641 Orifice Tube

edit: I found this OMTOOLS 27004 Orifice Tube Holding Tool

Edit2: I completely forgot I looked at this earlier today.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9661568&cc=1095689&jsn=1073

Ok Last edit: I looked at the FSM and saw this procedure for replacing the fixed orifice tube:

(3) Disconnect the refrigerant line coupler at the condenser outlet line.
(4) Remove the fixed orifice tube using needle nose pliers. Note the orientation of the fixed orifice tube for correct reinstillation.

Guess that means I won't need any custom tools and it's not in there as a permanent fixture.

Last edited:

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I meant replace everything, at the very least make sure to change the o rings on the existing parts. I read about replacing the orifice tube, but the high side line for cummins was $40, so it was well worth it! (This was of course after I replaced all the other parts!)

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I meant replace everything, at the very least make sure to change the o rings on the existing parts. I read about replacing the orifice tube, but the high side line for cummins was $40, so it was well worth it! (This was of course after I replaced all the other parts!)
Yup, I'm going to pickup a set of o-rings for the truck since I need then for the compressor hook-up. Might as well do all of them at once.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well well well.... So I had a lot of time on my hands at work. I no longer builds police cars for a living. A few months ago I got hired on at Cord Financial as a Warehouse Coordinator. Over night my office computer decided it was done. So today I pretty much organized things in the warehouse and did some clean up in the office between orders. Basically my boss had to bring the labels to me and process the orders on her end.

So I decided to take a peak under the hood again to try and find this elusive coolant leak. I fixed the some on the water outlet but my heater core kept gurgling and it started to be more frequent... Today I found it...
4213a91fd55977be1748ab59da30017f.jpg

I replaced it during lunch, now it's just a matter of time to see if it actually fixed it. I did notice on the old cap some extremely small cracks around the edge of the seal so my guess is when the cap is on there it squeezes those cracks open further. Then me constantly having to move it to add water means I kept degrading it further each time I took the cap off.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
bought three new tires yesterday for the wrecker, (two mounted one as spare), sway bar bushing parts, and new coil springs for the front.

Hopefully this will fix my driverside lean a bit!

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think this next weekend I'm going to put a new set of wheels bearings in the front and check the brakes. I know for sure the truck is getting a Tach. I'm getting tired of not knowing my engine RPM. I'm thinking about mounting it to the pillar since my dash is almost non-existent.

I'm messing with the bearings because every once in a while I feel a vibration in the driver side floorboard that goes away when I hit the brakes and comes back when I let off. It doesn't pull to either side when I brake hard either so I don't think it's a line.... But while I'm in there I'm going to do a lot of cleanup.

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
New headlights installed.
New cap, rotor, plug wires, and TPS installed.
Also installed a used Flowmaster 40 series, but the chamber plates broke loose inside, so now it's rattling :mad:
Truck has much better throttle response, seems to use less fuel, and shifts much better. New TPS got rid of the TC lock/unlock issue too.
Also installed a new Oil pressure sender, but it's worse than the one that was in it.

IMG_20190705_115953_710.jpg

20190703_155659.jpg
Old rotor vs new

20190703_155634.jpg
Old cap vs new.

Needless to say, it runs a lot better.

1561655479079.png

View attachment 172600

Last edited: