What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you for saving me a 3rd trip to sears :)
I owe you a beer
No problem bud. If I ever meet you, I'll take you up on that.

Gas here is still in the mid $3s.

In other news haven't done anything with my truck either. Haven't even driven it. Saturday ill be picking up a load of wood hopefully, for a bonfire on Halloween night with the boys. Should be fun

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Made more progress on my bumper build today almost done. Just shackle mounts and fog lights

Attachments

• IMG_20140930_131432147_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140930_131432147_HDR.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mdentekre progress on my bumper build today almost done. Just shackle mounts and fog lights
This is awesome, I've been kicking around this idea for a while
Now since my bumper is dented. Just need to buy my ***** first then I can build it at work

98blueram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worked on my new grill a bit. And contemplated on buying some great stuff foam to spray in between my doors till I can get new ones. The bottoms are rusted out and I havent been able to find a set of doors for my truck that are in decent condition

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
If someone that is a good fab/welder could make me a sweet bumper, I'll pay ya. :D

The one I wanted from dodgeoffroad isn't being sold anymore. :(

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
If someone that is a good fab/welder could make me a sweet bumper, I'll pay ya. :D

The one I wanted from dodgeoffroad isn't being sold anymore. :(

I am too far away to be of any help to you in fabing one up, I need to build one myself and two is not much harder than one to make. You thinking aluminum or steel, I am going aluminum as I have a sheet of 3/8ths here already.

As for the Dodge I pulled the Skyjacker track bar out and changed the mounting bolts on the diff end, the bolts that come with the kit are not sufficient at all. Fired it up after that work and the alt thinks its time for a rebuild, (rear bearing noise). So I will pull the alt apart today and fix it.

Edit; I have had a busy week doing mech work for people, had to redo a licensed tech's job that he did on a camper van. He had no idea what a carb is all about, he forgot to set the float level and was starving the motor of fuel. He changed sparkplugs but did not change the cap, rotor or wires. Back to the 454 today as well, parts are here for it, just going to install a new set of push rods and run it up to see whats what with it.

Last edited:

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I am too far away to be of any help to you in fabing one up, I need to build one myself and two is not much harder than one to make. You thinking aluminum or steel, I am going aluminum as I have a sheet of 3/8ths here already.

I would love steel because if a deer jumped out in front of me, I don't want to hit the brakes. Aluminum would probably bend even though it would be a lot lighter.

Has to be someone near PA/MD/WV on this ole forum.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

As for the Dodge I pulled the Skyjacker track bar out and changed the mounting bolts on the diff end, the bolts that come with the kit are not sufficient at all. Fired it up after that work and the alt thinks its time for a rebuild, (rear bearing noise). So I will pull the alt apart today and fix it.

Edit; I have had a busy week doing mech work for people, had to redo a licensed tech's job that he did on a camper van. He had no idea what a carb is all about, he forgot to set the float level and was starving the motor of fuel. He changed sparkplugs but did not change the cap, rotor or wires. Back to the 454 today as well, parts are here for it, just going to install a new set of push rods and run it up to see whats what with it.
I'll be looking forward to what you build, Mark. :)

And good work there. :favorites13:
I would love steel because if a deer jumped out in front of me, I don't want to hit the brakes. Aluminum would probably bend even though it would be a lot lighter.

Has to be someone near PA/MD/WV on this ole forum.

You shouldn't hit the brakes anyway. lol That's how you get the most damage.

Also, nice sig pic, Phil.

Paxtonmobile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
And now I get to spend $1400 on catalytic converters and other misc. work to get it legal, as there aren't any catalytics converters on it haha. And here I was hoping to drive it to work the next few days.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
And now I get to spend $1400 on catalytic converters and other misc. work to get it legal, as there aren't any catalytics converters on it haha. And here I was hoping to drive it to work the next few days.
Jesus what's the "other misc" ?? That's a hefty price

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Where'd you pick it up and where do you live again? lol

You should be able to get a couple universal cats if the truck still has the rest of the stock exhaust.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oh, the V10s are super easy to run true duals. lol They're a dual in single out muffler, sooo just lop off the muffler and BOOM, true duals. lol

Paxtonmobile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Apparently it has some recent exhaust work/mods done, but they never put the converters back on. And I bought it in Tennessee and I live in Kansas City, MO. Failed the inspection due to the converters and a cracked left taillight lens.

And the $1400 price is with parts, labour factored in.