What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Morning all!!!!
a275784a1a0995ad4026dca73e5bc9d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you use to oil them?

Just 3-IN-ONE Multi-Purpose Oil...nope, it ain't the latest, greatest or made from unobtainium, but it was under the kitchen sink, so there ya go! Only a few drops are needed and it worked like a charm.

TXCOMT

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, the neverending search for inobtainium

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I decided to hide my USB cable for my phone running it through the center console and undernegth the cupholders and to the factory mount. Here is the before and after. Nothing major but I hate to see wires. And yes that is a iPod 1st gen shuffle. I'm old school :)

View attachment 130022

View attachment 130023

View attachment 130024

View attachment 130025

Noid, I am like you, I hate to see wires. Can you give a quick explanation of how you ran the wire through the console and under the cupholders? Did you have to drill anywhere? Do the cupholders pop out to gain access to underneath the cupholders?
Do you use that USB for charging or playing music?

Last edited:

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noid, I am like you, I hate to see wires. Can you give a quick explanation of how you ran the wire through the console and under the cupholders? Did you have to drill anywhere? Do the cupholders pop out to gain access to underneath the cupholders?

Well you have to take apart the console lid. Very simple. I think it was a T20 screw. Remove the rubber mat to find those screws. Also there are like 5 of those screws on the hindge as well, that you will need to remove. Then pop off the rear cover on the console from the back seat area. That is where the AC vents are at. It has 4 clips. Plastic pry bar to help with that. To remove the cip holder area. There are 2 screws under the rubber mat under the buttons to control the heated seats. Then remove the rubber mat in the cubby hole and you will see one 7MM bolt ( I think 7) and then just pull it up. I had to drill two holes. One in the lid area and one behind that rubber mat where the phone sits.

I hope that was clear...

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What do you guys need a USB for?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you guys need a USB for?

Music and charging. Well, lemmy clarify- you don’t necessarily need the USB for that as you can use one of the cigarette lighter plugs with your own charger to keep your phone charged and either use an AUX cord (sucks if you have an iPhone 7 or later...), or just play your music over Bluetooth but if you want a little better music experience from your phone and less delay in changing songs from either the steering wheel or radio, it’s better to plug your phone into the USB port. Or if you like Apple Car Play or the Android one, you need that USB port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I charge my iPhone with it...hey, free electricity!

TXCOMT

Far from free If you pay our gas prices LOL. We’re paying roughly $5.20 a gallon for regular. Premium upwards of $6.50 a gallon

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Far from free If you pay our gas prices LOL. We’re paying roughly $5.20 a gallon for regular. Premium upwards of $6.50 a gallon

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

Dang! I'd be driving this Ram if that were the case here in North Texas...thankfully, it is not.

MitsuRam327-940x627.jpg

TXCOMT

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just 3-IN-ONE Multi-Purpose Oil...nope, it ain't the latest, greatest or made from unobtainium, but it was under the kitchen sink, so there ya go! Only a few drops are needed and it worked like a charm.

TXCOMT

Kinda nice not having that squealing growl every time the catch tries to roll past a frozen roller wheel huh? :D

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kinda nice not having that squealing growl every time the catch tries to roll past a frozen roller wheel huh? :D

Oh, man, it's so much better! Only one door was doing it, but it was like nails on a chalkboard to me!

TXCOMT

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Music and charging. Well, lemmy clarify- you don’t necessarily need the USB for that as you can use one of the cigarette lighter plugs with your own charger to keep your phone charged and either use an AUX cord (sucks if you have an iPhone 7 or later...), or just play your music over Bluetooth but if you want a little better music experience from your phone and less delay in changing songs from either the steering wheel or radio, it’s better to plug your phone into the USB port. Or if you like Apple Car Play or the Android one, you need that USB port.

Factory 8.4 doesnt have bluetooth?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory 8.4 doesnt have bluetooth?

It does have Bluetooth....[emoji41]

But that Bluetooth doesn’t charge your phone, nor does it support Apple car play or android music.

And third, Bluetooth doesn’t play as smoothly and with minimal delay as the USB port.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does have Bluetooth....[emoji41]

But that Bluetooth doesn’t charge your phone, nor does it support Apple car play or android music.

And third, Bluetooth doesn’t play as smoothly and with minimal delay as the USB port.

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining that

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Debadged my ram today, previous owner must have took the hemi emblem off, and removed the clearcoat in the process. This was a nice surprise. Just the drivers side is ate up, passenger side is fine.
Hopefully i can wet sand it, spray some spraypaint clear, then wet sand it again.

9B4BA6F2-06E0-493D-B6CA-40AD00F40E5D.jpeg

18349910-6330-4277-B382-2549EE653236.jpeg

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drove it to work and the gym.
Waiting for some nice weather to give her a nice hand wash.