What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZachLaBonte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a part that protrudes from the back of the housing and sticks out and goes into some sort of clip to hold the light from rattling

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Used it as a skidder to get a log up the hill for making my new address sign. Took a 150' cable, 20 foot tow straps and since I was out of straps and cables a 20' chain to get it hooked to the truck. IMG_20180612_1736552.jpg IMG_20180612_1736479.jpg hard to tell in the picture, but it was steep and there were a lot of places to snag. Good 40' of elevation drop.

TheKid7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have owned by 2018 RAM 1500 Quad Cab Tradesman (3.6L, 3.55 Axle Ratio, 26 Gallon Tank) since late December 2017.

The latest thing that I added is a LEER Tonneau Cover. It was new/never used with a small blemish and I got it for $840, with installation. It normally runs $1,200 before Tax/Installation.

In January, I added WeatherTech floor mats for both the front and back seat areas. The Truck came with cloth seats and cloth floor/cloth floor mats rather than the standard vinyl seats/vinyl floor mats.

Shortly after adding the floor mats, I added a heavy duty rubber mat for the 6'4" Truck Bed to put over the factory spray on bed liner.

Not long ago, I purchased a 32 GB Samsung USB Flash Drive for my mp3 audio files. I recently replaced the 32 GB Samsung Flash Drive with a 64 GB USB Flash Drive when my mp3's slightly exceeded the capacity of the 32 GB Flash Drive.

I wished that the Truck had come with a 5 inch or larger Touch Screen Display Radio. However, it came with the one step down non-touch screen model which I can 'get-by' with.

I just remembered that a few months ago I purchased and installed a B&W Tow and Stow (2 Ball), along with the B&W insert to minimize rattling. I may not ever tow anything, but it is there if I ever need it.

Last edited:

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure does. Have it in aero mode currently in the drive way. One thing is links can make the ride a little more stiff cause it makes the air bags inflate a little over stock.

Thanks. I changed to 20X9 Fuel rims and 295-60-20 Terra Grapplers. Down the road I will probably do the BDS 4 inch lift, but for now i may just do this link mdo and see how I like it.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unbolted and took out my whole upper dashboard pad to run a speaker wire from the radio to the center dash speaker (was no factory speaker wire ran) and ran my alpine gps wire to sit on top of the center dash piece. What a pain in the ass it was to remove! Had to take out like 40 screws, and remove the passenger dash airbag. Took all damn day. But its all back together now, center dash speaker is wired and in, and gps wire is hidden under the dash and mounted on top of center dash piece.

247ED23C-9C61-4E16-B8EC-BF15DE74A9B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are these just for the front or what?

The only time so far that I’ve ever used my entry/exit mode or either of the two off-road modes has just been to show it off to somebody but I’m concerned about those preset ride heights if they’re used after modifying the leveling rods...

The longer rods up front aren’t gonna damage the valves from being pushed up too far when the suspension goes all the way down for lowrider mode, are they?

What about the lifted modes? Since I’m pretty sure those modes actually level the truck, these longer rods aren’t going to give it that reverse rake, are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes just the front. It doesn't have any negative effect on the modes. I have a Rebel and it cycles all of them without problem. Depending on the length of the links it just raises the front about an 1". You are still left with a little bit of factory rake so the rear is still higher than the back. You can make (buy) adjustable ones as well to get the front right where you want it. The ones I gave to USAF2006 are fixed and measure about 3 3/4" ball center to ball center.

I made adjustable one and they measure about 3 5/8" all around.

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I changed to 20X9 Fuel rims and 295-60-20 Terra Grapplers. Down the road I will probably do the BDS 4 inch lift, but for now i may just do this link mdo and see how I like it.

I used a Daystar puck leveling kit and adjustable links. It rides great and put me about an 1 to 1 1/2" over stock off-road mode (off-road 2 for none Rebels) in normal mode with 35s. Yes I realize the tires make of most of this difference but I was able to level out the front which is really all I wanted.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I power washed the bed out from all the grass clippings. I won't ever put grass back there again unless its bagged. What a mess.

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should be getting my truck back today or tomorrow from having my cattless ARH long tubes installed along with a custom dyno tune and trans tune. Hoping it was worth the money spent.

I'm in Hampton Roads area, curious what shop you used?

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A699BFDE-D5AE-471F-9C3F-26306428F6C8.jpeg Finally got my fender flares installed and ordered new TYC Laramie look lights from Rockauto.
I have the all black projector lights on my sport and hate them.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck looks good... I'll take the projectors if you don't want them
Problem is that my passenger side light keeps getting moisture in it every time I wash it. I’ve had that light out so many times to try and resell it that it’s ******* me off.
I’m also in northern BC Canada so shipping might be huge.