What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sadly you can't trust anybody...
That's why I'm such a big believer in doing everything yourself.
Highest standards possible [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I’d love to be able to replace a transmission instead of using the dealer but.......

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d love to be able to replace a transmission instead of using the dealer but.......

I mean if it's under warranty definitely have the dealer take care of it. if it's not under warranty (like in my situation) I would do it myself. Blood Sweat and Tears, yes... An old man aching body afterwards, yes....
but knowing the job was done right, plus saving the cost of labor. Priceless [emoji5]

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Sadly you can't trust anybody...
That's why I'm such a big believer in doing everything yourself.
Highest standards possible [emoji6]

I am the same way for simple stuff. Considering I don’t have a shop, a trans swap wasn’t really possible in my driveway. I’ve got one that’s warranted for 3 yrs/100k.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Fo sho. I can do it. Just not the time or space.

I mean if it's under warranty definitely have the dealer take care of it. if it's not under warranty (like in my situation) I would do it myself. Blood Sweat and Tears, yes... An old man aching body afterwards, yes....
but knowing the job was done right, plus saving the cost of labor. Priceless [emoji5]

There are some things that my time is more valuable for. I miss playing in a shop, and doing all the work on my own stuff sometimes, but I honestly don’t have the time or space. Besides, I’ve got a nationwide warranty on the trans since it JUST got a new one roughly 30-45 days ago.

I made the mistake of trying to play cheap on the last trans. Wound up $600 out of pocket for labor to swap in a used one, only to have to take it to the dealer for a new one...

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got new wheels and tires...

Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R20
Black Rhino Sierra 20x9 65e97025a5d1cf8db084dce43c712a1e.jpge990fa34cadeefb8206453124d9de331.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

What size lift do you have on your truck?

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed a vp4 from eBay that I got a deal on. Still testing to make sure it's all good but it seems OK so far (has some issues getting GPS to lock but eventually it did)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I have been away traveling for work and then I was our anniversary since the first week of August I haven’t done much to the truck. Finally got around to installing an OEM third brake light with camera, since I bought it used I figured why not install a new gasket and wash the truck to see for any leaks. So far no leaks!

I did get a message on my dash brake light out initially, it went away after I drove it around for a little bit. Will I see this message again? Is there something which needs to be enabled on my truck? I am in the process of having the harness made from DeereGuy

d0c358c56186dfde6e9df7bb6c52d9bf.jpg4dc4f5967507b20c0a7b3c0d5228a7a0.jpgd13e902fd3cdee5820d3fc49d3fec288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I did not take any pictures......but we went to the drive in movies.......first time doing that with the pick up - was a perfect time!

I think your avatar pic will suffice :)

No drive-ins around here but with a full BedRug in the bed I bet it would be a blast. Couple lawn chairs and a cooler of beverages.....

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
What size lift do you have on your truck?

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas
It's a Rough Country 6 inch lift, with Bilsteins set at 2.8.

Bilsteins are being replaced soon though because I have a lean to the driver side front of about 1 inch. I'm putting on the Rancho QLL front shocks.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with an inflatable mattress in the bed with some pillows.... was a great fit and a fun time......
That's exactly what I did. Then open the back window and pump up the volume!
Don't forget to start the truck in the middle of a double feature or you'll be sorry LOL [emoji23]

Judy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's exactly what I did. Then open the back window and pump up the volume!
Don't forget to start the truck in the middle of a double feature or you'll be sorry LOL [emoji23]

For sure.... or you will need to get jumped