What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove mine over to check the damages on my Cruze. I got a call at 5am saying a tree branch fell on it. Now I'm torn between just throwing a $50 mirror on it, or dealing with the insurance company to get it fixed. The car wasn't perfect, but it was still nice. Just a daily beater to save fuel expenses.

Also, this week I took my stock sidesteps off. I can get in and out fine without them, but I know my kids wont be able to for now. Which is fine since my 6 year old likes to climb on the side step, then pull the handle and hang from it while the door opens. :emotions122: So hopefully removing the steps will help with me trying to keep him from doing that.

20210607_111933.jpg

20210607_111757.jpg

20210607_111918.jpg

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate when that happens. I am sorry to hear about your Cruze. Depending on your deductible it might be safer to just let it go. Also the miles and year can play a roll in it. They might total it if its not worth fixing in their eye.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Swapped out 2qts of my oil for 2qts of redline. Hoping there is no metal in the oil.

Also put this bad boy on, and a new 180tstat.

a4b0907ec18004af91dd00d6fa22637e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NJ_TN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well, I’m not quite sure what happened here. I think I might’ve hit the cub turning into a driveway too quickly. No air seeping out but dang that’s ugly.

4ACD57D1-14EE-40F4-B0B2-08E9B7AFC485.jpeg

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate when that happens. I am sorry to hear about your Cruze. Depending on your deductible it might be safer to just let it go. Also the miles and year can play a roll in it. They might total it if its not worth fixing in their eye.

That's what I'm looking at right now is the Cruze is a "throwaway" car in most cases. It's a '14 with ~130K, but it is a diesel so that helps me a bit. A majority of the dents could probably be PDR'd. But I saw 2 spots where the dent left a sharp enough edge to crack the paint. So if I had to guess, Insurance would likely total it. Even if they didn't I'd probably be ahead by just getting ahold of the local PDR guy and paying out of pocket to just make it "good enough". After I bought my Ram I didn't really worry about keeping the Cruze perfect. It was just worth keeping to get 40+ MPG out of when traveling.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what I'm looking at right now is the Cruze is a "throwaway" car in most cases. It's a '14 with ~130K, but it is a diesel so that helps me a bit. A majority of the dents could probably be PDR'd. But I saw 2 spots where the dent left a sharp enough edge to crack the paint. So if I had to guess, Insurance would likely total it. Even if they didn't I'd probably be ahead by just getting ahold of the local PDR guy and paying out of pocket to just make it "good enough". After I bought my Ram I didn't really worry about keeping the Cruze perfect. It was just worth keeping to get 40+ MPG out of when traveling.
I totally get the mpg thing. They are going to look at value vs your car. I had a buddy get into an accident in his Audi 2 door s/c not sure on the year. I think like 2014 lower mileage car wasn’t his fault only got on fender and the front bumper. Totaled it. He lucked out and is ex military and no kids. He had a cobalt ss that he put back to daily use as he drives maybe 10 miles to work. He bought a 97 viper GTS lol. I hope it all works out for you. Myself personally I would pay for PDR and then try and remove those scratches myself. Same with buying a new mirror.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I totally get the mpg thing. They are going to look at value vs your car. I had a buddy get into an accident in his Audi 2 door s/c not sure on the year. I think like 2014 lower mileage car wasn’t his fault only got on fender and the front bumper. Totaled it. He lucked out and is ex military and no kids. He had a cobalt ss that he put back to daily use as he drives maybe 10 miles to work. He bought a 97 viper GTS lol. I hope it all works out for you. Myself personally I would pay for PDR and then try and remove those scratches myself. Same with buying a new mirror.
If I ever wreck mine I hope I can get a Viper! What a silver lining! LOL

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

Chrisram2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed 2" lift coil springs and shocks on my rwd 2019 classic. I had to losses the lower control arm to get them in. I tighten them while it was in the air, forgot about preloading the bushings, so my question is this....when I have the alignment done, will they loosen the nuts to adjust and will this correct the preload on the bushings? Thanks in advance

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great idea with the wheels. I like it :waytogo:
It was all we could do at the time. Luckily we had gotten a second garage fridge so that helped too. 5 boys means a lot of food lol.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I ever wreck mine I hope I can get a Viper! What a silver lining! LOL
Its a cool car, but he's already dealing with endless amounts of maintenance on it. He has spent probably 10k in the past month fixing things.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Its a cool car, but he's already dealing with endless amounts of maintenance on it. He has spent probably 10k in the past month fixing things.
If I was going to have a 2 seater it would have to be a Viper. Guess like all 2 seaters you have them just because, not because they are practical! LOL

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I was going to have a 2 seater it would have to be a Viper. Guess like all 2 seaters you have them just because, not because they are practical! LOL
The funny thing about the early Vipers Gen 1 and 2 they were built and designed by Lamborghini. They actually share a lot GM parts as well. Things I have learned since he got it lol.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got away for a couple days, the campground was almost empty. went on the Thurs cam back on the Mon. Had a visitor, saw 4 of them just didn't have the camera ready. It was awesome to get away after the winter we all had. Took the brain a while to adjust to not having to deal with the craziness but man, it was good. Best part is we were supposed to go may long but the weather was the ***** and were we were supposed to go had an ice storm so we pushed it back till then. Now get to go away again in 3 weeks...

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg