What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tha anger lights....... lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I wasn’t cursing but it still fits. lol.

6eebcee3544cd4c253484a85ee5bc2a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the running lights professionally installed for fear of screwing something up. But they are running lights, turn signals, and courtesy lights. They ran the wires through the firewall on both sides and had to take out the headlights to wire the running and turn signals. I don't remember where they tapped the white wire for the courtesy lights...see my dis-assembled front end...

upload_2018-4-5_15-58-6.png

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd love to find a wire to tap for the courtesy lights. I've been wanting to add some additional lighting for that, as the two little LEDs in the mirrors are not the best.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the running lights professionally installed for fear of screwing something up. But they are running lights, turn signals, and courtesy lights. They ran the wires through the firewall on both sides and had to take out the headlights to wire the running and turn signals. I don't remember where they tapped the white wire for the courtesy lights...see my dis-assembled front end...

View attachment 124661

So did they wire in a relay to power your new lights or did they just tap straight into your front signals? I wouldn’t think a relay would be needed since your new lights are probably LED with very low draw.

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So did they wire in a relay to power your new lights or did they just tap straight into your front signals? I wouldn’t think a relay would be needed since your new lights are probably LED with very low draw.

Not for the turn signal, I believe they might have for the white courtesy light. Not sure. Just too confusing for me.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'd love to find a wire to tap for the courtesy lights. I've been wanting to add some additional lighting for that, as the two little LEDs in the mirrors are not the best.

I've come up with three possibilities:

1 - Tapping the footwell lights. These wires will handle the draw of a T10/194 bulb, which average 0.27 amp. I've got the OEM LED ones installed, so there's some spare amperage available there. They are easy to get at, right up under each footwell in the cab.

2 - Tapping the Cargo light. This one may or may not require a relay to avoid having the can-bus system shut it off. The problem with using a relay is that the cargo light fades out and may cause chattering of the relay. The wire is under the drivers side door sill. On my 2014 it's supposed to be white with a tan stripe.

3 - Tapping the dome light. Pretty much the same issues as the cargo light. Not sure where/what color the wire is. Also, my truck has the factory LED dome, so the can-bus is not expecting much amperage draw.

For anyone curious, here are the amperage draws @ 14v that I measured on the Recon Big Rig Ice lights I have here. These are per side.

Running Light: 0.07 amp
Turn Signal: 0.38 amp
Courtesy Light: 0.15 amp

-K

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Truck looks good, as far as removing tha steps to each his own. I kept mine on. running a 2/4 drop no issues even with some huge speed bumps but I'm in tha City.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
You lower that thing much more and those steps become a tripping hazard. LOL

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Egh.... 24 words...[emoji41]

Cleaning all that sticky residue **** left behind is a real chore so I’ll just wait till they start to come off naturally first....lol.

See, that's what ya meant to say originally :) I just had to pull it out of you. PS: lol is 3 words, so, 27. I must be bored lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See, that's what ya meant to say originally :) I just had to pull it out of you. PS: lol is 3 words, so, 27. I must be bored lol.

You’re right. Lol.

I really think that on mine being the max steel that it would look better with that removed but I just ain’t ready to tackle starting over with my vent shades. Been there, done that. Got the shirt, burned it and buried it. Lol.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You’re right. Lol.

I really think that on mine being the max steel that it would look better with that removed but I just ain’t ready to tackle starting over with my vent shades. Been there, done that. Got the shirt, burned it and buried it. Lol.

OK then. I'll just **** ;-)

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spent a few hours Wed. cleaning it. Cleaned the rims yesterday (more like scrubbed them). Maybe interior this evening. I really should clean the truck more often. My Charger stays pretty damn clean, I just use waterless cleaner every week, and it stays very clean. I need to get that way with the truck.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I might look into that waterless car wash a little more some day.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I might look into that waterless car wash a little more some day.

I just use a spray from Meguirs... I know there is better out there.... but this works really well, especially if you keep up on it and keep the car waxed.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just use a spray from Meguirs... I know there is better out there.... but this works really well, especially if you keep up on it and keep the car waxed.

I like Meguiars. My car wash soap, dry and wax, dash cleaner and leather cleaner/conditioner is all Meguiars.

Last edited: