What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir. Lucked out. Slickdeals effect.
Yep. I passed on the one near me because it was the display and had a few scratches and was probably missing parts. Inventory showed they had one more but no one would look for it for me... Really wanted a nib one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Yep. I passed on the one near me because it was the display and had a few scratches and was probably missing parts. Inventory showed they had one more but no one would look for it for me... Really wanted a nib one.

It’s gonna get all greasy and Smokey any way. Lol. My current is a three burner Weber. I may end up keep both. And I also have a big green egg. My wife doesn’t give me **** anymore about having multiple grills.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive seen youre truck around! looks better in person, and your pics are awesome soooo your truck is badass
Awesome! Thanks dude! What part of town are you in? I just moved to Tempe this weekend.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s gonna get all greasy and Smokey any way. Lol. My current is a three burner Weber. I may end up keep both. And I also have a big green egg. My wife doesn’t give me **** anymore about having multiple grills.
I was going to resell it... Already have a 5 burner natural gas built in, and a vision kamado to go along with it

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Got the truck back from the dealer. They removed the bed and repaired rust developing on the spot welds, and repainted the front bumper while it was rubbing on the truck.

Still no answers to the transition not reading temp after second cold start and shifting only into 4th or reverse, HVAC uncommanded/unindicated activation of recirculate, the intermittent brief right rear bulb out messages, or the mirror corrosion.

But on the plus side finally added cabin air filter, and it looks like a local wrecker might have an upper glove box and light of the correct colour.

Last edited:

fire101fighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kind of a weird question, getting ready for my next oil change and I see a lot of guys using the pennzoil ultra platinum. What’s the benefit? I’ve been using mobile 1 synthetic since I bought it with 38k on her. Will be changing the oil at 95k in a few hundred miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schultzestrength

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This question needs to be asked in the synthetic oil thread. Don't open that can of worms here!

Kind of a weird question, getting ready for my next oil change and I see a lot of guys using the pennzoil ultra platinum. What’s the benefit? I’ve been using mobile 1 synthetic since I bought it with 38k on her. Will be changing the oil at 95k in a few hundred miles.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp

Basically its just alittle better oil for the Hemi, just has a better additive package that the Hemi motor seems to like.
Either oil is more than likely going to serve you well.

fire101fighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Basically its just alittle better oil for the Hemi, just has a better additive package that the Hemi motor seems to like.
Either oil is more than likely going to serve you well.

Gotcha, I’ll
Make the switch n see

casper1102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My problem with wheel selection is that I'm looking for tha one fits my truck then my personality ........rrrrrr.
Then I find this 22 x 12 hmmmmmmm! Funny how they match my bike wheels yet still smaller!a3b3940496c121edc50f490c99616361.jpg4c398ef646a00475dcd906ade0c9628d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Those rims are awesome! I've been looking for rims myself.... I want to do blizzaks on the factory rims for winter and something better (rim and tire) for summer.... I'm kind of leaning toward the Black Rhino Everest in black.... just a simple wide 5 spoke. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on them yet

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just as 69GWC said, it’s better formulated for the Hemis. It’s actually what Chrysler recommends. I used Mobil 1 for years in all my vehicles leading up to this new truck with no issues at all but apparently it’s not a rated oil for these newer trucks. Unless your truck is under warranty or if it’s like mine and is under the lifetime warranty, I’d use whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Schultzestrength

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just tried to crawl under the truck to see how difficult it would be for me to access the oil filter and it looks like I will need some ramps for oil changes. I can't get to anything with it sitting at stock height.

RLM5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got new tires. After 40K, the stock Firestones were getting pretty hard with so little tread left. Kept the stock size and went with Nitto G2's. Very happy with them so far but have only put on 200 miles.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I drove through a flood and filled my fog light with water lol :D