What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hit a couple of awesome milestones today. First I broke 100 miles on the old gal, and second was hauling my first cargo load[emoji15].

6cfdfa6e0720ca2c2333d94459a9bdd2.jpg

8f26afd4846d26d4dcac8947f52136eb.jpg

That’s a raccoon trap for those who are interested. Got a couple that are trashing my backyard[emoji35].

And by the way, this truck is bad-ass.....I love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congats...That's quite a milestone!!!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Had the two rear windows done with ceramic tint in 60%. So much cooler back there now. The fronts were done before.

Coffeyman76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Busy Busy!

S&B CAI installed. Very nice throaty sound on acceleration. May help a bit on performance but its worth it just on the sound from the Hemi. Nice quality product, huge filter and airbox.

DIY Leveling Links and 2" Daystar Spacers (rear now 5/8 higher). Going to do the rear to get it a little closer down the road a bit. Alignment done following install. All modes work.

Tint front windows to match (20%) and front windshield (35%). Soooo much cooler in the truck and makes the AC that much more efficient.

305/45R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Man great tires. Feels so much better on the road. Very very slight whine with all air and radio off but it's no louder than my "wind noise" TSB that's scheduled. They look great too.

Pedal Commander. Whew, that thing is scary in Sport+. Fun to mess around with, definitely changes the response of the vehicle.

Hellwig Rear Sway Bar. Best mod for the money, truck feels so much more responsive and not so soft and over dampened through turns. Mine is on the middle setting. I'd do this 100 out of 100 times given the option.

2nd Oil Change, full syn @ 8,000 miles (in just under 2 months...arrrgghhh)

On deck: Sentry CT Tonneau Cover is in the garage. Rear LED light, black out Ram Tailgate and Grill emblems, cargo LED lights, drop the rear (slightly, DIY level links). I may play around with some Plastidip on the other trim but I'm pretty happy with the appearance despite all the chrome. TSB service on the wind noise issue to install the bed to cab seal and tweak misalignment on the passenger doors along with a small trim piece at the side mirror that is working itself loose.

First pic is just stock. Tailgate pic is in Entry/Exit mode. Slight rub at full tilt on that setting.

0623191715_HDR.jpg

0902191440_HDR.jpg

0829191505a_HDR.jpg

0824191856.jpg

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Busy Busy!

S&B CAI installed. Very nice throaty sound on acceleration. May help a bit on performance but its worth it just on the sound from the Hemi. Nice quality product, huge filter and airbox.

DIY Leveling Links and 2" Daystar Spacers (rear now 5/8 higher). Going to do the rear to get it a little closer down the road a bit. Alignment done following install. All modes work.

Tint front windows to match (20%) and front windshield (35%). Soooo much cooler in the truck and makes the AC that much more efficient.

305/45R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Man great tires. Feels so much better on the road. Very very slight whine with all air and radio off but it's no louder than my "wind noise" TSB that's scheduled. They look great too.

Pedal Commander. Whew, that thing is scary in Sport+. Fun to mess around with, definitely changes the response of the vehicle.

Hellwig Rear Sway Bar. Best mod for the money, truck feels so much more responsive and not so soft and over dampened through turns. Mine is on the middle setting. I'd do this 100 out of 100 times given the option.

On deck: Sentry CT Tonneau Cover is in the garage. Rear LED light, black out Ram Tailgate and Grill emblems, cargo LED lights, drop the rear (slightly, DIY level links). I may play around with some Plastidip on the other trim but I'm pretty happy with the appearance despite all the chrome. TSB service on the wind noise issue to install the bed to cab seal and tweak misalignment on the passenger doors along with a small trim piece at the side mirror that is working itself loose.

First pic is just stock. Tailgate pic is in Entry/Exit mode. Slight rub at full tilt on that setting.
First off, great looking ride and beautiful wife (Gf). Second, does the rear sway bar really help that much, as I don't drive like its a sports car. Third, the spacers...did you put the truck in jack mode to install them? Oh fourth--the front windshield tint, I'm worried over seeing at night...thoughts?
Thanks for the information man, as I said very nice.

Coffeyman76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off, great looking ride and beautiful wife (Gf). Second, does the rear sway bar really help that much, as I don't drive like its a sports car. Third, the spacers...did you put the truck in jack mode to install them? Oh fourth--the front windshield tint, I'm worried over seeing at night...thoughts?
Thanks for the information man, as I said very nice.

Thank you for both compliments ;-)

The rear sway bar really helped. I don't drive it like a sports car either - perhaps a bit heavy with the foot - but it took that over softened mushy feeling out of the rear which is especially noticeable when going through rolling curves. You just don't "sway" as much and the truck seems more responsive to the road condition which gives you the feeling of more control. It's hard to explain but for the money and the simplicity of install I think it made a real difference. And it has a "tighter" setting which is suppose to increase that feeling but I felt the middle was a good starting point. Searching on it shows many folks feel the same way on this Mod.

I would put the truck in jack mode for any suspension related work, yes.

I went fairly light on mine at 35%. My wife has darker on her Caddy and it is too much (but looks sweet). You could even go 50%. With the large windshield and all that black leather dash it has made a considerable difference in the heat inside as well as brightness when driving. I do not feel like it impacts my ability to see anything at night. Hard rain, super dark night perhaps slightly, but not enough for me to consider it a hazard or not elect to do it again.

Plus you really can't see in the vehicle either which is a real benefit when you have a hot wife if you get where I'm going with that....

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put on the Flowmaster flowfx tonight, perfect sound and exactly what I wanted. From start to finish working on the ground, I was almost exactly half hour. Easy install but the deep tone it gives these trucks is the best.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Added a roof mounted rear spoiler ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got done washing and waxing with Meguairs. Gonna do wheels and chrome tomorrow. Friggin 95 out, wore me down....

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Busy Busy!

View attachment 179626

View attachment 179627

View attachment 179628

View attachment 179630

Moar pikchurz pleez!

Bald Barber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
New to the forum here. Just added a set of 275/65/20 BFG KO2’s with 2” hubcentric spacers

56574092-C52D-4123-9B8B-4B5A3E27886B.jpeg

80254F99-BA32-483F-B66F-0AAC12BD1E75.jpeg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ordered the Mopar Ram air intake and a set of 295/70/18 tires.