What do you always have in your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My home! Oops I traded in my Ram for a Silverado. Am I still allowed here? It was the only gas 2500 I could fine at the end of 2021.

Attachments

• 20230421_141718.jpg
    20230421_141718.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 6

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All of us boys had a gun rack in the window back then. At least those with a truck.
I moved to Asheville NC in 79 from northern NJ where most of my friends drove Cadillacs or Buick Riveras. When I saw all those trucks with shotguns hanging in the windows I really wondered what the hell my mother got me into moving to this place

Bob1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hydraulic jack, coveralls and a torque wrench for changing out a flat tire.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Ratchet straps, tire plug set, bunjee cords, jumper cables, gum, napkins, sunglasses, garage door clickers, pen, pad, Iphone cable, hoodie, fuses...and me and my yeti lol

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BOIRD has so much stuff jammed under seats and in floor bins, and in a plastic carry bin. One thing I have not seen listed: I got one of those large RAND McNALLY Road Atlas Books for travel that you used to get at Walmart for like $7.95.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
BOIRD has so much stuff jammed under seats and in floor bins, and in a plastic carry bin. One thing I have not seen listed: I got one of those large RAND McNALLY Road Atlas Books for travel that you used to get at Walmart for like $7.95.
I don't have the entire atlas, but I have a map for my state, the 6 that border it, and the two farther west between here and family in AZ. All in a PVC tube with a cap on each end for protection. Takes up very little space behind the seat.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not getting any deeper on the subject.
Just keep it in the rules and it's all good. Probably best to start a new topic so we don't get too off-topic though.

I don't keep a whole lot in the truck as it my daily commuter and I only live about 15 miles from work. I kind of go wild when I go on a long trip though. If you start another thread titled, "what to you have in your truck on a long trip," I'll share that.

Daily, pretty much just a jump pack, and fire extinguisher and an extra button cell battery for my amplifier controller. Funny story about that, went on a hunting trip a couple years ago and that amp controller battery died, had to live with it for a few hours until I found an Autozone. Turning the gain off on the amp was not an option because I couldn't get it to haha! Made for some funny podcast listening with all that bass.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just keep it in the rules and it's all good. Probably best to start a new topic so we don't get too off-topic though.

I don't keep a whole lot in the truck as it my daily commuter and I only live about 15 miles from work. I kind of go wild when I go on a long trip though. If you start another thread titled, "what to you have in your truck on a long trip," I'll share that.

Daily, pretty much just a jump pack, and fire extinguisher and an extra button cell battery for my amplifier controller. Funny story about that, went on a hunting trip a couple years ago and that amp controller battery died, had to live with it for a few hours until I found an Autozone. Turning the gain off on the amp was not an option because I couldn't get it to haha! Made for some funny podcast listening with all that bass.
What is an "amp controller"? And why would you need one on a hunting trip? When I'm on a hunting trip, the only electronic device I have is a cell phone because my wife thinks I may fall and bust a knee and need to be choppered out. I have it off most of the time, but it wouldn't matter anyway because half the places I go there's no reception anyway. She doesn't know that. ;)

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Willingness to risk a ticket by hauling serious ASP !!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is an "amp controller"? And why would you need one on a hunting trip? When I'm on a hunting trip, the only electronic device I have is a cell phone because my wife thinks I may fall and bust a knee and need to be choppered out. I have it off most of the time, but it wouldn't matter anyway because half the places I go there's no reception anyway. She doesn't know that. ;)
Its basically a bluetooth volume knob for my amplifiers. Should go without saying that I am not bumping the tunes when I turn off the highway. But driving for hours is more enjoyable listening to music.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A bunch of stuff I've forgotton was in the console like pencils, pens that are likely dried up, suction cup phone holder that sucks, ....hec idk other crap lol. I'll have to clean it out.

Got a lighter plug in that has 2 USB spots for cables to charge things.

Couple of welders caps and a ball cap in the back seat, rope, bungy cords and other crap I'll have to look again under the backseat storage. I think i got some tools in there as well.

I have a battery cable jump kit instead of jumper cables that i took out because it is so hot here right now 113 to 118, I'm afraid it will catch on fire in there.

Gregory McKinley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Side arm, jumper cables, CB radio, Bungie cords and ratchet straps, change of clothes toilet paper and bag of tools.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Were to start......
Basics
1st Aid
Rope
Tow straps and etc. (i.e. tree saver, d-ring, RJT hook kit)..... I actual have the tree saver strap so I can slip it thru the rim on some of these cars to put them out of the snow as they have basicly no other way to get a hold of them to pull the out.... and yes I always start a pull with the stuck car in neutral and the driver on the brakes. Cause if I can pull them out they are most likely going to need to be winched out.
rags
water
rope
bungy cords
ratchet straps
oil
tool kit / box
coat
hat
umbrella
gloves
mutilpe flash lights
Reusable grocery bags
emergency can (if you get the drift)
Fire Police gear - hi-vis vets, rain coat, gloves, light wand, stop/slow sign, fire radio, colapsible traffic cones, electronic / led road flares, caution tape, spare batteries

Ya my 2019 quad cab wieghs about 5900 with all my gear and my but in the seat.

I am sure I am missig a few items

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKJeeper